And for This Evening...

I'm so excited for tonight! It's going to be a girl's night with my mom, sister and grandmama. :) So excited, we are going to see My Fair Lady at the Hale Center Theatre.  I love those gals and I love musicals so tonight is going to be pretty spectacular.

Now listen to this...

Art as Flirtation and Surrender

In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.
You dance inside my chest,
where no one sees you,
but sometimes I do,
and that sight becomes this art.
-Rumi

I don't know if you can tell, but I love the poet Rumi.  My poetry teacher taught a lot his work last semester and ever since then, he has been my favorite.  I don't think I have read a poet who understood so much about love and he knows exactly how to describe it.  When people ask, "What is Love?" and nobody really knows they answer... they're all like, "uhhhh, there are no words to say that would tell just what love is you can only experience it when you find The One."  You know... throw a whole bunch of words and crap into a sentence to make it sound like you know what they're talking about?  But that isn't true.  Rumi can tell you what love is.  And reading his works can make you feel it, even if you haven't found The One.  And when you have?  His stuff sounds that much better.
<3

1 comment:

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget