Landon's Birth-Weekend [day 1]

What a day we had yesterday!! It was so much fun! Landoodle's birthday is on Tuesday, but we will be at the Jazz game that night, so we are having a birth-weekend for him up here in Heber.  We got up yesterday morning and hung out for awhile, got ready and headed to Sandy to the Auto Expo.  Now for those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting my smokin' hot husband, you wouldn't know that he is like, the BIGGEST car enthusiast on the planet.  He'd deny it if you asked him, saying he doesn't know that much, but he does.  If you ever have a question about a car, ask me and I will relay it to Landon and I guarantee he knows the answer.   Bryce and I were laughing about it the other day at work because he remembers every. little. detail he reads about every car.  We wonder how he manages to know anything else because his brain is full of cars.  I have never been to a car show before and I was loving watching Landon, he was in heaven.  And he was sure to answer everything we wanted about every car.  Look how focused he is! :) I love how passionate he gets about certain things.  He is the same way about BYU.

I found my dream car there.  I always tell Landon I want a yellow camero.  And we found this beaut there in the Chevy section.  It was the Transformers version though. I don't really want black stripes on my camero, but this one was pretty awesome with all the Transformer jargon it had on it.  One day, right?


After the car show, Landon's mom treated us all to Joe's Crab Shack which was also a first for me. SO GOOD!! I LOVE seafood and that place.... wow.  I died and went to crab heaven.  Landon and I were quick to put on our bibs which was good, because we were so messy.  I even left the place with a couple battle wounds.  The crab fought back, that's for sure.  I can say without a doubt that January 14, 2012 will go down in history as the Joe's Crab Shack Massacre.


Then, we went over to Costco to look at T.V.s and play "your favorite things" game where you go pick your favorite thing and Landon's mom bought it for us.  So fun.  It was Landon's birthday but we ALL got spoiled.  This was my favorite thing.  I was trying to figure out how to make the picture not show it backwards and the mirror effect was the only solution, so ignore the fact that I look ridiculous.
Dark Chocolate covered Pomegranates.
Oh. My. Gosh.  Seriously the most heavenly thing that Costco sells.  Delish.  We were chowin' down on them all night. 

 Don't worry, the night isn't over yet.  We got home and Skyler and I decided to give Landon a present from us.  It was a Jimmer Fredette jersey for the Sacramento Kings.  I was so happy that we surprised him, because once he saw it when it was wrapped, he said he knew what it was.  But when he opened it he was totally shocked! I was just delighted.  And so was he.  Landon is Jimmer's #1 fan.  I got it for him thinking it would just be a collector's item or something, I didn't think he would actually be wearing it, but he put it on last night and hasn't taken it off.  He loves it.
Not much longer after that, Landon's friends JJ, Jace and Kale came over to have a little shindig with us.  JJ brought strawberry cheesecake over because Landon loves cheesecake as much as he loves me.  And they gave him some sweet BYU basketball shorts, a BYU toothbrush and a Utes flag. haha  Love those guys.  Then we played the Game of Things.  Where you all answer questions and then try to guess who's answers belonged to who.  It is such a funny game, especially with those guys.  They had some weird answers.  We were dying.  Everyone went home around midnight and Landon, Skyler, Sunny and I played one more round with just us.  When we just couldn't keep our eyes open any longer, we hit the sack.  Like I said, it was such a good day.  Landon's birth-weekend isn't even close to being over though.  We are still having his favorite dinner tonight, I'm taking him out for a birthday date night on Monday and then Tuesday we are going to the Jazz/Clippers game with Landon's broseph Kenyon and his dad in the suite.  He is one lucky birthday boy I tell you.
 I love him so much. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Happy Birthday Landon. I love birthdays! Ps... Christopher LOVES those chocolate covered pomegranates. He loves the blueberries too!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget