Best Saturday Ever.

Yesterday started early in the AMs and ending late into the night.  Well, 11 pm.  I guess that's not that late, but for Landon and me, anything past 10 is late for us.  We got up and hit up Sundance, probably for the last time this season.  Snowboarding has definitely made this winter so much more bearable than any other winter I've spent in Utah.
I'm so sad that the resort is closing it's gates for summer, but then I remember that it's going to be summer and I get happy again.
We only did a half day because we decided late Friday night that we would go to the Festival of Colors. It's a Hindu celebration of spring.  Everyone throws colored chalk in the air and nobody can breathe and you all start out spattered with pretty neon colors but when it's all over, you just look brown.  We didn't go last year, but we had gone the two before and it's always been really fun. This year was still cool, but it wasn't as fun as it used to be.  You see, it has gotten so popular that they have to do throwings of the chalk every two hours so they could try to give everyone a chance.  By doing this, they didn't do the other things that made it so fun.  It was all focused on getting chalk everywhere.  But we still had a good time.
We got home and managed to get most of the chalk off of us.  The only place I am stained is underneath my wedding ring.  
I can't get it off no matter how hard I scrub.  Landon is the same but with his forehead where his hat was he had a big pink stain.  It's hilarious.  After we were all cleaned up, we wanted to go see the Hunger Games. How stupid we were for thinking we could get into the Hunger Games at 6:00 on a Saturday night in Utah County the day after it opened.  Every show was sold out until ten o'clock! So we went to dinner at the Macaroni Grill and ate our entire weight in Italian food.  It was amazing and while we were all sitting there trying to digest our food babies we all decided it would be a good idea to go laser tagging.  But first, we wanted to go play in the most magical place in the Riverwoods Mall: Blickenstaffs.  It's the greatest toy store I have been to in a long time.
Landon and I took pictures in the photo booth and we tried on all the greatest hats they had.  Landon battled a ferocious crocodile head with Emily and I played with the most legit hand puppets and rode the giraffes.  We were in heaven.  After about a half hour of playing around, Landon's friends called us and told us they were at Nickel City ready to get their Laser Tag on.  So off we were, even though we could barely move from eating so much at Macaroni Grill.
Now you have to understand something about Landon.  There are two things that he takes very seriously.  That is BYU football and Laser Tag.  He prides himself in being the best laser tagger in all of Happy Valley.  And I can vouch for that.  He is amazing. 
I on the other hand average about 6th place.  Not in Happy Valley, but in the games we played last night.  But like I said, I could barely move my legs.  It was still so much fun though.  It is a rare occasion these days for Landon and me to hang out with friends these days.  We are boring hermits.
After laser tag, Landon and I drove around town, yet again trying to find a show of the Hunger Games that wasn't sold out and we failed.  I guess we will see it one day.  So we went to the park behind our apartment and threw a light-up frisbee around that Landon bought at Blickenstaffs.  It was amazing.  I haven't played with a frisbee since high school when there used to be an Ultimate Frisbee Club.  Such good times.  It was the perfect temperature outside and we threw it around for about an hour and then we layed on the grass and enjoyed the perfect night air talking about C.S. Lewis and the Cheshire Cat.  It was magical, really.

And now we are sitting on the couch while Landon eats some snickers brownies I made while watching Spongebob.  This has been the best weekend ever.

9 comments:

  1. glad to hear you had a nice weekend! minus the stained ring finger. hey! think of it like semi-permanent engagement ring until it comes off?
    xx jes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah, incase I ever lose my real one, people still won't have to wonder if I am taken. :)

      Delete
  2. so. jealous. of. festival. of. colors. it looked like you guys had so much fun! i can't wait for weekends like that with my future hubby:) good luck with finding a hunger game showing! "may the odds be ever in you favor" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha the festival was way fun, you definitely have to make it up next year. :) And I can't wait til you have weekends like that with your hubby too. :) It's the best!

      Delete
  3. Your weekend sound perfect! Looks like we have a lot in common! Can't wait to start following you! Love that you ride dirtbikes and you snowboard, you are my kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a great weekend! And I'm so happy we get to stalk each other. :) Dirt bikes and snow boards are the only way to go!

      Delete
  4. your weekend does sound quite perfect. I'm jealous of all of you who went to the color festival. And how funny that it stained under your ring. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so funny, huh? It's finally fading away, but it wasn't going anywhere for awhile.

      Delete
  5. I got to hit the slopes this weekend too! most likely the last time this season as well :(

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget