Close Call

All day today I was hoping something somewhat exciting would happen to me so I could blog about it and make it seem like my life is interesting. Alas, it was a normal day of work.  Don't worry though, I managed to muster something up for your entertainment. Not a half an hour ago, I was getting into my car to go to school.  I threw my backpack in the passenger's seat carelessly and jumped in after it.  Put the car in reverse and looked over my right shoulder to start backing up.  I caught it out of the corner of my eye and heard the unhallowed buzzing.  The world's largest bee, I'm assuming same one Autumn came in contact with, was in my car.  You know, the nasty ones with those two really long legs and the sound of their wings resembles a small jet turbine? Yeah, it was on the passenger side window.  Now if you refer back to THIS post you will remember that I have a serious phobia of insects.  Bees are no exception.  I see this bee and I literally lose it.  I throw my door open, screaming, and try to hurl my body out of the seat, but I am buckled in.  And now I am awkwardly hanging out my car that is still in reverse, mind you, while the Godzilla of bees in trying to break my car window with it's face.  I unbuckle myself and I sort of fall out of my car, jump up just in time to stick my leg painfully back in the car to slam on the brakes. I am leaning back as far as I can and still have my foot on the brake as I roll the window down to try to free the bee.  I don't understand these creatures, because once the window was down, it quits trying to escape.  It just sat there on the glass. And now I'm thinking, "great. I'm stuck here because the damn bee isn't going to cooperate and I can't get back in the car to put it in park because then the bee will come after me."  So, I start to blow in the direction of the bee.  Like maybe the small wind will be enough to urge it out the window.  But with the distance I was trying to keep between the bee and me the air flow was dispersed by the time it reached it.  I'm looking around desperately hoping someone would come help me.  I was stuck in the most uncomfortable position with no hope of going anywhere soon.  I was literally about to start calling for help when I decided to start making the window go up and down really fast in hopes of jogging the bee.  It worked like a charm, but then it flew over the top of the car and back in my direction.  I literally dove back into my car, you know, the way they do it in cartoons, slammed the door shut and watched as the bee started bumping into my side window furiously. I drove away like an axe murderer was after me almost taking out a few bikes and a basketball hoop while continuing to freak out because I had no idea how that thing got in there in the first place and I didn't know if there was more.  Turns out there wasn't, but it was probably the worst experience of my week so far.
No worries though, I'm alive and sort of well.  These make me feel better.
wish me luck getting home.


10 comments:

  1. i can't tell yo how glad i am that you are alive so that i could have read this story. freaking hilarious. i am the same way with bees. the minute i hear the bbbzzzzing, my arms start to windmill.

    so glad you are alive. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah I am glad you enjoyed it. But seriously! Bees! Godless creatures...

      Delete
  2. Hilarious. And I'm glad you didn't injure yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha me too. Though, I may have injured my pride. haha

      Delete
  3. No joke, a friend of mine flipped his car over a hill because there was a bee in it.

    I'm glad that didn't happen to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. funniest story i have heard in a long time. i wish i could have seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could picture this whole experience!! This happens to me every time I try to sit on my really comfy chair on our porch and read. I mind my own business and a swarm out of nowhere ATTACK me!! Glad your car didn't get away!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a serious problem, huh?! stupid bees.

      Delete
  6. I love that you hate bugs, so that we can have that in common. Because I'm giggling so hard right now. I allergic to bees too so that would of been my worst nightmare! Glad you made it out in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh see at least you have an excuse to be afraid. I probably wouldn't be able to leave my house if I was allergic on top of being ridiculously afraid. haha But I am glad I have someone to bond with over my fear.

      Delete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget