I may have died for a couple minutes last night...

I woke up at 2 am face down on the floor of my bathroom. I don't know why, but I think that I may have crossed over for a couple minutes.  I can only image what would have happened if Flanders had found me like that.  Probably had a melt down. Or probably not think anything of it because I'm really weird when I am asleep.
So, they just shut down the on ramp to the interstate by my apartment again. TIL JUNE! I was hoping the detour wasn't going to be bad and I took it.  50 minutes later I walked into class.  Didn't care though, I had a serious internal debate this morning on whether I should go to class or not anyways.  At least traffic was a better excuse than "I just don't want to."
so here it is, a face you don't see on me very much, it's my, "I'm not mad I'm in crappy traffic" face.

There is going to be an earthquake drill here at school in T minus 12 minutes.  I'll probably film it because I haven't done one of these things since like, second grade and if I remember correctly, they are a lot of fun.  Here are the instructions from the President of the school of what to do in case of an earthquake:

  • DROP to the ground (before the earthquake drops you!)
  • Take COVER by getting under a sturdy desk or table, and
  • HOLD ON to it until the alarms are silenced.
They are very clear of what they want.  And I know that I don't want to be DROPPED by an earthquake.  This outta be good.  My teacher is playing a movie in class right now about some exotic culture and instructed us to just keep watching the film while we are under the desks.  Clearly, she isn't taking this drill very seriously.
ok. drill is over. It sucked. I videoed it, but because I care about you, I am not going to show it. It was very anticlimactic and horribly obnoxious.  Here is a picture though:
I realize now, in event of an earthquake I would probably die.  Those desks are not built to cover humans over 5 feet.  I think the whole class realized at the same time we were all doomed. And they didn't even play the earthquake sounds.  It was just the stupid fire alarm screeching in our ears for three minutes straight.  I look happy in the picture, but I was feeling so let down....inside.

So in place of the earthquake drill video I promised you, I will show you a video of a dog that can double dutch.  It's way more entertaining anyway.
This dog has more talent in one paw than I could ever wish for as an uncoordinated, jump roping 5th grader.

I just got a text from Sexy Flanders that Cabelas is now on his Black List.  Can't wait to hear the rest of that story...
And I just did a celebrity look alike, guess who I got.

Josh Groban. How embarrassing.
and I can't get it to center. oh well.

12 comments:

  1. we used to have these earthquake drills in the bay area every couple months. no one ever fits under those desks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your play-by-play blog post.

    Turns out, I wake up face down on the bathroom floor a lot. Usually on a Saturday morning, with little to no memory of the night before :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Face down in your underwear on the bathroom floor? What the crap is going on over there?? haha! Loved this REALLY random post. And I find it comforting to know that ppl over 5 ft tall will die in an earthquake. It's almost just better. Now I don't have to worry if I'll survive or not... So THANKS for that! haha.

    p.s. We REALLY need to do a tall girl post together. I'm not even kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is your blog! so happy I found it! xoxo
    http://aaronkarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god, i laughed out loud at this whole post. in the middle of the lounge at school. i'm cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah! Where in the world do you live? I have never in my life had an eartquake drill. I wouldn't know what in the world to do if there was an earthquake. Well I guess I do now, thanks to this educational post! Hahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the heart of the wasatch front in Utah. We all live on a major fault line and have been expecting a HUGE earthquake for like, the past 30 years. We're all pretty paranoid about it. Haha

      Delete
  7. A few things my dear..Um face down huh? No 911 call? OK well let's just hope he knows CPR. I think your "not mad in bad traffic" face is BEAUTIFUL, you should show it more often. You would not want to see my traffic face as it is usually followed by four letter words. Finally, so a black list huh? Is this kind of like Sheldon's Mortal Enemy list? Dying to know what happened! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your crappy traffic face is cute. Mine is all squished and pouty. And in my picture I'd be yelling because I have no patience for crappy drivers. :)

    Loved this post! And do you ever wonder why the teachers never have to get under the desks during a drill? I teach 5th grade and we just stand and watch as the rest of the class scrambles to get under their desks in safety. I think that means we are old enough to know HOW to get under the desk, so why do they make you do it at your school?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sleepwalk, so know how you feel. I once ended up outside my apartment, in my night dress, in the pouring rain. No more face planting in the bathroom at 2am though, please, whose blog would I read instead?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a hoot! Drop to the ground? uh, i say every man for himself, go out screaming like a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this was quite hilarious! it mustve been scary though :/// hope your ok!! xx

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget