Instagram bandwagon.

I'm posting again today because I don't think I will have time to blog tomorrow.  It's going to be a busy day.  Garco hooked us up with Utah Jazz tickets in the box seats, HOLLA!
Alright, so something I find myself whining about too much these days are my neighbors upstairs.  They have three kids and they seriously make so much noise, it's ridiculous.  I will complain about them to anyone who will listen because it is getting out of hand.  But today, I drove up after coming home from school and the mother was outside with two of her kids and who I am assuming is another neighbor and her daughter were all outside having a little Easter egg hunt.  I stepped out of my car and the upstairs neighbor was like, "We found a nest of those little black bugs right here underneath your window. And there are like, hundreds of babies all over.  Is your apartment infested?"
*pause story*
First of all, those little black bugs she was referring to are Boxelder Bugs.
Fun Fact About Me: I have Entomophobia.  AKA a phobia of insects.  I know that sounds stupid.  And I agree, it IS stupid.  I hate it.  I wish I could just not care about them, but it's a serious problem. Boxelder bugs are completely harmless, but they seem to have the worst effect on me. I was going to put a picture up for you, but I literally cannot google pictures of them because I start to feel like they are all over me. Like I said, serious problem.  And I knew there were TONS of them all around our apartment I have a panic attack just trying to get to my door, but I had no idea there was a NEST!!
*Un-pause story*
I was like, "Ummm, I don't think so..." Meanwhile, I am literally frozen in place with the thought of opening my door and seeing thousands of baby boxelder bugs everywhere.  Which of course isn't possible because I was in my apartment six hours ago and I hadn't seen one.  But still, I was completely over come with fear and I think it showed as I just stood there.  The other chick was like, "We have some bug spray...When my husband gets home I will have him come over and spray the nest...if you want..." And I'm all, "Yeah...that would be really great.  Like, reeeaallly great." I got inside and scoured every inch of our apartment looking for those little demons and like six hours ago, there wasn't a bug to be found.  I haven't left since.  And I just heard the guy out there spraying, and I am SO grateful to them.  So as I sat here watching Friends re-runs and the kids upstairs are having a bowling ball throwing competition, I'm not even bothered.
So a glorious thing happened yesterday. The Android Market got their mits on instagram and I am FINALLY onboard the bandwagon. I am so stoked.  Follow me, k? My username is whitneycalle.  And here is my very first picture taken on instagram:
Story behind this: I thought there was a poetry reading that my Poetry professor was going to be participating in.  Turns out the info I got was a year old, so when I walked into the auditorium this is what I stumbled into.  Now I'm all for animal rights and stuff, but I'm not going to lie...Activists kind of scare me sometimes... I took their flyers and their brochures and smiled and agreed as I slipped back out the door.  So there we go...welcome to instagram and forget about the year old poetry reading you were so excited for.

12 comments:

  1. NOT OKAY. i think i just diagnosed myself with entomophobia reading this.
    i am right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uggh!! Right? they are so nasty! I seriously can't handle it.

      Delete
  2. Officially stalking you via Instagram :)

    I'm deathly afraid of cruise ships. I don't think there is a name for so I'm going to call it Titanophobia ...named after the first ship that scared me half to death, the Titantic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. officially stalking you back. :)
      hahaha titanophobia. I love it.

      Delete
  3. I tried to resist Instagram, but I just couldn't. Now I am obsessed. The same thing happened to me with Pinterest.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah I didn't even try to resist either of them. I knew it would be futile.

      Delete
  4. okay, i couldn't read anything past box office tickets to the jazz game. SOOO extremely jealous! have so much fun and take lots of pictures!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh don't worry, I will probably get too many pictures. :)

      Delete
  5. phobia of insects.. i have a friend with a phobia of butterflies. i find it quite amusing! nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I can't do the butterfly thing either. haha It drives my husband crazy that I am so afraid of something that can't possibly harm me.

      Delete
  6. Omygosh me too! The name earwig creeps me out! The scene in the Temple of Doom where she has to pull the lever and the room is filled with bugs...I couldn't do it, I think I'd pass out! Which makes it worse because GA is filled with bugs, I don't know how I haven't packed up and left yet! Enjoy your Jazz tickets, post pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. earwigs are DEESGUSTING!!
      yeah, I have it pretty nice here in Utah, the bugs definitely could be worse. But still...uggggh.
      and yes, pics coming soon. :)

      Delete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget