Tremendous Tuesday

The weather outside was BEAUTIFUL today.  Actually, let's be honest today in general was just fantastic. I had a streak of good luck today. Why? Well, I was sitting in my first class today and it was about five minutes from wrapping up when I saw the date on my phone today and it hit me.  I had a presentation in my NEXT class that I had totally spaced. I had T Minus 30 minutes to come up with my biggest assignment of the semester. Which- I did. Annnnd I nailed it. I'm just happy I remembered when I did.  That- would have been embarrassing to have the teacher put me on the spot with no presentation ready.  Then, lunch comes rolling around.  I have a two hour break in-between my classes and this is when I usually glance at my homework for my next class, blog, Facebook and peruse through Youtube.  Well, in my casual glancing through the syllabus, I saw that my Analytical Project for my poetry class was due.  Again, I hadn't touched it.  No one knows what I do in my spare time.  Clearly, it isn't homework.  Again, I managed to pull that one off too.  That one wasn't as hard though, it was more just time consuming.  I had to analyze a book of poetry my professor wrote.  And let me tell you, that man in a poetic genius. I'm kind of in love with his work.  ok, fine I will tell you one of my favorite lines.
"It really put things in perspective.
I ditched class."
Out of context, it doesn't sound as poetic as it does in the poem, but believe me this one got to me. You want to know why? Because I am completely stuck in the position right now that school is the most important thing.  I have to graduate or else I am worthless to the world and I just get really caught up in it.  Last week, this man retired from Granite and in his speech he said, "the best advice I can give y'all is to take time to smell the roses.  Don't get so caught up in work that you miss out on life.  The work will get done, but don't miss out on what is really important."  I think the universe is trying to tell me something.  So with those weighing on my mind, I decided to ditch the homework and go to Skyler's intramural football game.  And I don't regret it one bit.
best brosephs-in-law a girl could ask for.
And like I said, the weather was amazing.
We went to Zupas after the game to grab a quick bite to eat and we saw Tyler Glenn from Neon Trees.  One of Provo's claims to fame.  I had to get a walk by picture because I hate being that person who has to be all squeaky and bashful when asking for a picture.  So I just pretend I'm talking on the phone and snap a shot while walking past.
Apparently, they go to Zupas all the time.  But today he was alone. 
Annd, on top of all of that, I am really loving my new lip gloss I got at City Creek on Saturday.
and I still love my colorful hair.
Today has been fantastic.

11 comments:

  1. phew! congratulations on nailing that presentation with only 30 minutes to prep! impressive, my friend.
    xx jes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colorful hair is fantastic. And that drive by photo cracks me up!

    I probably skipped too many classes in college. I still got all of my work done, and graduated with a great GPA, but that whole stopping to smell the roses thing?

    I think I smelled every. single. one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alissa, you have been living your life right. I need to make sure I smell every single rose in my path. And maybe some off the path. :)

      Delete
  3. Dang girl. You are no fool in school! Look at you go! And I totally love the blurry walk by photo!!! hahaha! I totally know what you mean about asking for pictures with someone. So awkward. Good work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha this isn't a normal occurrence, I was the girl on fire yesterday as far as school went. Hopefully I can keep that flame going for the next two and a half weeks. And it's so awkward, huh? haha I am satisfied with my blurry walk by shot.

      Delete
  4. Hello! Love your blog! I just added myself to your followers for support, and I wanted to invite you to come be a part of a gorgeous necklace giveaway I’m having!

    Hope to see you there! Thanks so much!!

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/04/time-for-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emily! I am glad to have you on board! :) And oh em gee! That necklace is beautiful! I just entered as much as I could. Pick me! I won't tell anyone it was rigged. :)

      Delete
  5. You and your man are simply just adorable :) I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you!! I kinda like the guy. :) He's pretty fantastic.

      Delete
  6. Your hair is freaking awesome! So jealous! Haha, I can't believe you saw the guy from Neon trees. hahaha, lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget