Coming Down Off the Weekend

So as I mentioned last week,  I had to work last weekend.  Which isn't a bad thing at all. I love my job and I love overtime, so no complaints here.  But it's weird how tired working two weeks in a row makes me.  So this weekend was excellent, just relaxing and hanging with friends and family.  Friday night Landy and I went to this little BBQ joint next to our home we've been wanting to try for awhile.  It was delish.  We will definitely be back there.
after dinner we drove around in my little car.  Mr. Flanders decided to play the "World's Best Husband" card and buy me a new stereo for my Altima.  The old one couldn't pick up any radio stations, and all the buttons would stick and there was no way to play my iPod on it.  My new one is so good looking, and it has a jack to hook up the ol iPod.  So we took a drive around town listening to Motion City Soundtrack and Regina Spektor.  When we got home, I was trying to get a better picture of my new hair while Landon was playing his game.  He managed to photo bomb perfectly under my arm pit.
I thought it was so funny and had to put it on Facebook because I never get photo bombed but people couldn't get past the cleavage to even notice little Flanders back there.
but let's be honest, the gals do look great.
Saturday, Landon had to work so I didn't see him til later, but I spent the day up in Ogden for my old roommie/BFF Shelise's bridal shower.  
I miss these girls SO much.  I mean, Landon is cool and all.... But there is something about living with those hooligans that he will never be able to replace.  And if you look close you will see the present we gave her.  It's camouflage lingerie I bought at a second hand store.  

Friends will give you ingredients for their favorite recipe and dish towels.  But only best friends will give you used lingerie.  Shelise is like, "ok we all have to use it at least once. Like on the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!"  No one was really on board with that idea except for her.
Yesterday, we went up to Landon's mom's casa.  She is closing up the pool this week, so we figured we'd give summer one last hurrah.  We swam and had a BBQ and once we were all dried off, we almost ceremonially initiated Autumn by playing a game of football in hoodies and sweat pants.
and it felt so good.

Now let's all try not to focus on the fact that it's Monday.
how was your weekend?
 

4 comments:

  1. STOP IT. The lingerie? Amazing. I'm buying that for my cousin if she ever gets married.

    His face is so perfect under your armpit, it looks like it was Photoshopped there...I love it.

    Also, Facebook? Fiiiiind me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camo lingerie. Huh. I hope no one ever buys me that, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know the girls can you get you places..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your cute blog, i am in love with it! Your button is so cute!!! I would love for you to stop by and follow along if you'd like :)

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget