Effective Ways to Choose What You Want For Lunch

I was a little late getting up this morning, but I was still going to make it to work on time until I ran out the door and this is what greeted me:
Now, I'm not upset about it. I love snow. But what I hate is the people who have lived in Utah all their lives, and still get surprised when it snows in October. And suddenly they forget how to drive. And I'm going a whopping 30 MPH on the interstate. Needless to say, I was late.
On the plus side, I got my nails done yesterday, and the gal did kind of a winter sweater design. I love it, but I was worried it might be a little too early for that kind of decor. But with the snow, I decided that I'm right in season.
It was pretty rainy yesterday so work was kind of slow and around 9:30 Skyler and I were trying to decide where to go to lunch.  We couldn't come to an agreement of where we wanted.  So we made a list.  We assigned each restaurant a number and then Skyler went into the garage next door that has a dart board.  Which ever number he hit meant we would go to the restaurant with that number.  He did it a few times and we didn't like the choices it kept giving us.  So he came back and we made a bracket.  Flipping a coin to decide who made it to the next round.  We finished the bracket and KFC was the winner.  We both agreed that wasn't where we wanted to go.  So we made a new bracket.
Panda Express was the winner.  But then Skyler and I decided that we really wanted Cafe Rio the entire time.  So when lunch came rolling around, we drove out to Cafe Rio. Got in line, got up to the front and the man asked us what we wanted, we looked at each other and said, "panda." and we walked away. Went back to the truck and drove to Panda Express.

So I guess in the end, the bracket worked. sort of.

Also, give me a shout out if it's snowing in your state.

11 comments:

  1. Not snowing in NY - yet. Phew.

    I love your nails. They make me miss my fake nails, but the thought of having to go every 2 weeks to get them filled, no longer makes me miss them.

    And when deciding where to eat I play a 3, 2, 1 game. I name 3 places, out of those 3, Chris picks 2, and out of those 2, I pick the winner.

    And then I say I really wanted to go somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. That was a lot of work to choose a restaurant! Makes me tired just thinking about it!
    No snow in Oklahoma. We did get a cold front though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish it was snowing! It 80 damn degrees in The middle of October! I live in MO as this shiz is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh jeez this morning (of the first snow in our town) everyone is driving 40 on the freeway and THEN there's a wreck on the other side of the freeway so everyone slows to 20 to take a look see. i'm not from utah and i want to die every time this happens. "you live in utah! learn how to drive in the snow!" and then "ohmegosh! it's a car accident! it happens! no need to make everyone and their grandma late by slowing down to take a look!" i'm glad i'm not the only one that notices that haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Word about retarded people and snow in Utah! It's obnoxious. Like they live in a state where snow is despicable. They do realize that our license plates say "Greatest Snow on Earth" Right? Oh well. I guess we shall just stay annoyed at these complainers every year. Yaaaaayyyy....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is 81 degrees today in sunny Alabama. Hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've got a few inches on the ground, and more coming down. I'm not gonna lie. I'm glad you're getting snow too, so that I feel less alone. I'm sorry it means for you that you might be stranded at work. When it snows, I just walk the 100 yards or so to our sattelite office, and work from there instead of driving up to our main office, and making someone drive from the main office drive down to the sattelite office. It's the best thing ever.

    I had Cafe Rio yesterday. It was exactly what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i don't know what this cafe rio is. i don't. and it saddens me to the ends of the earth and back.
    and panda express is volatile. i won't eat there. and i'm asian. i won't.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in lurve with your new layout & name. I'll be sure to grab your new button soon. I'll have a new layout up soon, as well! Sooo stoked :) Lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You picked Panda over Cafe Rio??? You cray cray! lol and I loooove your nails! :)

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget