Not So Forgotten Memories

I kid you not, this is the 13th time I started this blog post. I have nothing on my mind.  So, I decided I would pull out my journal and find the last October 12 that I wrote about.  And this is what I found:
you're gonna die. I almost did. It's obnoxious it's so sugary sweet.

October 12, 2010

I'm in love! I know I've littered the pages of this journal with that false proclamation before, but it's true this time.  Landon J. Street is my one true love and I'm going to marry him one day.
Today is our 7 month anniversary!!

*side note: Landon and I celebrated each month anniversary. gave us an excuse to go on a nice date.  Roommates always made fun of us. Still not sorry.*

7 MONTHS!! Bah! I'm so giddy! I love him, I love him I LOVE HIM!

love, the Future Mrs. Street

Good thing I was writing about Landon and not some other dude. It would probably make this blog post more awkward than it already is.  Aside from the embarrassment of cracking open my last journal entry for the world, it's kind of cute. I am still so in love with him. Even though he fought me like a child last night when I was putting vapor rub on his chest so he could breathe through his nose. I had to kneel on his arms so he couldn't fight me off.  and he literally said to me, "it's making my nose water!" So maybe we've gone from celebrating month-iversaries to vapor rub, doesn't mean the romance has worn off.  It's actually 1,000 times better.

I remember how I felt when I first met him.  And how I felt when he FINALLY kissed me.  And how I felt when we celebrated our one month anniversary. and then our second. and then our seventh.  And then the day before our actual 1 year anniversary,  I remember how I felt when he sat me down in a park and read me a poem he wrote and pulled out my wedding ring.  

all those moments add up and equal today.  
a love I never imagined.
a friendship I've never experienced.
and a story that isn't even close to being over.

happy 2 years and 7 months of being together, Land Shark.

8 comments:

  1. dawwwwwwwwwww. i think i just got three cavities this was so sweet.

    but seriously.
    dawwwwwwwwwwwww. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! I love him too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that journal entry :)

    I always wrote about boys I liked, and then two months later, I hated.

    I'm glad it worked out with Land Shark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not gonna lie...this made me cry. In a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will no longer be blogging or commenting on yours, as I have just died from a cuteness overdose. Thanks a lot. But on a real note: That is so incredibly sweet and just, such a perfect idea. To post a real-life journal entry as a blog post. Why hadn't I thought of that? You and your husband (please explain how he got the nickname "Land Shark". I am not sure why I do not know this; I probably should...) are so adorable. It's perfect. I would come back here even if all you posted were mushy, gushy journal entries about him. xoxxxxxxoooo!

    PS. Am I supposed to be stealing your blog button? I think you said you were gonna grab mine. So I'll grab yours right now.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget