Hawaii: More Beaches

I can't remember the last time I was this sore.  It's pathetic.  If a horse was walking as badly as I am today, it would get shot to be put out if it's misery.  So the extent of our physical activity today was snorkeling at Tunnels Beach.  It was a beautiful day today, and I definitely got a lot of sun.  This air, and sun and salt water is doing WONDERS for my skin.  I could probably be in a make up commercial. We had a great time laying out on the beach and catching some rays and we saw some gorgeous fish while out snorkeling.


 Snorkeled with this sea turtle. got all up his grill and watched him eat off the coral.  Didn't touch him though. it's a whopping $10,000 fine if you get caught touching the turtles over here.
 This was a rock waayy up on top of the mountain that we thought was a shack.  Landon zoomed way up on it and we were somewhat disappointed when we realized it was a rock because we had this vision of some Hawaiian monk living in it.
 This is at Lumahai beach.  It's one of the most beautiful beaches in the Hawaiian islands but also the most deadly.  More people have died on this beach than any of the others on Kauai.  The surf there was huge and waves would just crash down right on top of each other.  It was gorgeous though.

 Like I said, these two are so stinkin' adorable.


 Some rope swings we want to hit up again tomorrow.  This was in the fresh water river that was draining into the ocean.

 These blossoms were falling off the trees and into the water.  so pretty.
We love looking at this waterfall draining all the way down the mountain.  We like to tease Kenyon and tell him that's the next waterfall we are going to hike to. He doesn't like to hear that. 





 Then we bought a fresh coconut from this guy.  He was way cool and after we bought the coconut, he insisted on taking pictures of us with it.  I didn't even have to ask. What a guy.





Turns out coconut milk just isn't my thing.  But it was fun to try. When we got home the sun had just gone down and the most spectacular full moon rose over the ocean.  I tried to get some pictures, but I couldn't quite capture the bright orange color it was putting off.  Seriously, I've never seen a moon like it.

It was another fantastic day here in Kauai.  We're bummed to be leaving in two days.  This whole "living in paradise" thing doesn't get old.

1 comment:

  1. K let's be real. It's time for you to come home. I'm too jealous and I'm considering not reading this little blog here for a while so i stop secretly hating you. But wait, who am I kidding. I can't stop reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget