Christmas Ain't Over Til Everyone Blogs About It.

Alrighty ladies, it's time to get my Christmas post out of the way.  Not that it's a chore, because my Christmas was amazing.  But blogging right now is somewhat a chore because I have a whole lot of laying in my bed and playing Roller Coaster Tycoon to do for the next eight hours. So, here we go.

Twas the night before Christmas and we had to go East
Because up in Heber, there waited a feast.
Landon packed all the presents in the car with care
and then a snow plow blasted slush in his hair
He yelled much profanity and shook his fist
then chased down the plow because he was pissed
He called me with the plate number intending to fire
and it must've worked because the snow on the road is just growing higher.
We made it up the canyon though conditions were crappy
and sat down to eat and that made us happy.
We read our Christmas book and played Christmas games
and I went to bed early because I am "lame."
We woke to the sunlight breaking through the blinds
and ran upstairs to find gifts of all kinds.

And now I'm going to stop rhyming, because my motivation to be thinking is diminishing by the second. But seriously, going back to the snow plow thing? Landon was just taking gifts to the car and this douche bag driver who was probably pissed he was working on Christmas Eve or something goes FLYING past Landon and completely leveled him with snow.  It pushed him inside the car and he calls me like, "I need you to write down this license plate number!!" He was SO mad. I underestimated what he meant when he said he was drenched, but when he got back, literally head to toe cover in slush.  Looking back now, it's making me laugh.  Don't tell him though because he is still mad about it.  He called the city and left a nasty message and the license plate number and our road hasn't been plowed since. So... yeah. It's like, "cool, maybe he got in trouble...now I can't get out of the drive way...."

Anyway, Christmas Eve was a lot of fun.  We spent it up at my in-law's and played Murderer in the Dark all night with all the lights out.  Not the most Christmas-y game, but whatevs, it was fun and terrifying all at the same time.  And now I'm just going to give you the pictures from Christmas.

 This was Christmas Eve Eve at my Grandma's house.  Where there was much mistletoeing and stuff.
 Even though we didn't spend Christmas at our apartment, we still had our little tree that I'm starting to like more and more and our stockings hung by the chimney with care.
 Skyler hooked us up with some awesome hats, and Land Shark and I think very similarly and got each other DC footwear.  Skyler says those boots make me look like a Russian stripper. Which- is what I was going for.
 For Land Shark's big present I got him the best Turtle Beach wireless headphones money could buy.  But I got them for like, over $175 cheaper than their regular price, but he doesn't know that in the second picture which is why his face is so stressed. ha! After I told him I got a screaming deal he ran downstairs to play with them.
 But first, the little romancer gave me my gift which was the most BEAUTIFUL strand of pearls I have ever seen.  He got them in Hawaii at the Spouting Horn.  And actually, I picked them out, and I kept saying I wanted them and he acted all not interested, but then when I walked away he hurried and bought them.  And I refuse to take them off now.
And the big present from Landon's mom was the renewing of our BYU football season tickets.  Which we are mega pumped for because their season next year has an AWESOME schedule.

At about noon, we headed North to my parent's house to spend the rest of the day up there.  I'm kicking myself now because I didn't get any pictures. :( We showed up after their Christmas morning had been spent, so we missed all the epic gift giving.  Though we still got spoiled.  My dad hooked us up with an Apple TV.  I had gotten one from my work this year, but I returned it to Best Buy which is part of how I got Landon's head phones for such a good deal.  So we were super stoked to get another and we love it.  We went to my Uncle's house to see my Grandma and give her her present.  We played with our little cousins who love Landon more than me and I think I ate a pound of Muddy Buddys.   After that party, we went straight to Les Mis.  Which, I can't even hardly speak about because it was so amazing. People keep saying, "oh it was good, but the singer's lacked training blah blah blah." They did not. And the whole thing was filmed live too, there was no lip syncing in that entire movie.  It was the greatest thing I have ever seen.

We got home from the movie around 10:00 and had a Christmas feast on paper plates. It was delicious and I was so glad I didn't have to drive home because I was in a major food coma after that.  We got back in bed by about 1 am where Landon and I dumped out our stockings on our bed and went through  the spoils.  He had an Apple Apps gift card for me so I could buy Roller Coaster Tycoon.  And that is all I have been doing since.  And that is what I'm going to go do now that I am done with my Christmas Blog Post.

9 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Great Christmas! Love the expression on his face about the headphones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally a Russian stipper! Dreams do come true. I am glad you had such a wonderful christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Roller Coaster Tycoon!! And listen, I have a great jacket and hat that will match your Russian stripper boots. But I'll only send them if you promise to make another "4 minutes" video hahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Christmas song recap! And Roller Coaster Tycoon is awesome, I used to play it all the time. Looks like a great Christmas, your stockings are totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! Loving the pearls and the mini tree, too cute.

    I think I want an Apple TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know the best part about your street not being plowed? So long as you have sufficient junk food and cocoa, you have every excuse in the world to not go anywhere. Serious silver lining right there.

    Those Russian stripper boots are going to give you so much street cred at the BYU football games next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be a poet. I mean, really. And I'm extremely excited to see Les Mis! Glad you guys had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shouldn't laugh because karma is a bitch but HAHAHAHAHA. Poor Landshark though. =) Looks like a good Christmas. And don't worry I don't want to do anything either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best poem ever.

    Dude, snow plow drivers are DOUCHE BAGS. I got stuck in the middle of an unplowed road today, and a guy with a plow on his truck PASSED me and left me stranded. I was pissed!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget