I Hate the People Who Used to Live in our Apartment

so we live in a basement to a house, right? and it's always cool down here. We loved it during the summer but now that it's winter, it has been like, unbearably cold. Like, I'm sleeping with five blankets, socks, sweat pants and a hoodie. and I STILL have to snuggle up to Land Shark and suck out all his body heat.  Well, yesterday I was in our spare room with Landon trying to find my debit card that likes to wander out of my purse and I suddenly realized how warm it was in there. I was all, "we should move our bed in here. It's actually warm!" And then Landon was like, "remember in the summer when we first moved here and we had to take all the tape off the vent in our bedroom?" and I was all, "Yeah..." and he was like, "what if that wasn't all that was blocking the air off?" So we go in our room and look up the vent and there it was. A styrofoam box and a big rag blocking every nook and cranny in the heater vent.  I was pissed. I've been freezing my lady balls off every freaking night because the gal who lived her before me couldn't handle a little air blowing on her face?  So, now it is toasty warm in our bedroom and I'm so content.

Yesterday was also my first day back to work since the vacay. It wasn't as horrible as I was anticipating. because hello, my job is awesome.  But it sure wasn't waking up to a sunrise in Hawaii that's for sure.  I made a video of all the pictures from the trip.  Landon can't watch it without getting all teary eyed and sad.  He gets emotional at the weirdest times. Sure, he could pop a bullet in my head if I got all zombie-fied in the apocalypse without batting an eye, but watching a video of our awesome trip makes him get all blubbery.
men....





11 comments:

  1. So glad you discovered the covered vent! I HATE being cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you do?

    And this story made me lol and I don't feel good! You rock =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i live underground too and i know EXACTLY how you feel! except here in Alabama it has been in the 70's all week so I havent been freezing my toes off...yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow at least you found it! Crazy lady. Rather be warm with a slight breeze than be freezing!
    Video is great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been sleeping like a burrito myself because there is a draft coming from somewhere in my bedroom. It dries out my sinuses so I wake up at 3 am sneezing and blowing my nose., I love winter. Hate the draft. Oh and I am still jealous even though your back! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Men!

    I have some new sleeping habits I'm going to blog about. Stuff has been changing around here since it's getting colder. I actually prefer the cold while I'm sleeping, but definitely not THAT cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. UGH. What idiots. I have many moment of "whhhhhhhhyyyyy?" about the previous owner of our house. And we have a mutual friend in common so I have to be really careful what I say. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lady balls made me giggle and I may steal it. Glad you won't be freezing to death now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you solved the mystery of the no-heat home! That Land Shark sure is clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sometimes i just wanna punch whoever lived here before us too. as in... they broke our oven & never told the landlord so we moved in & don't have a working oven. i'm not sure why people do crazy stuff, but i feel your pain. kind of. i'm glad you didn't freeze to death! xo

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget