I Only Have One Resolution This Year

So, due to my lack of communication with my boss, turns out my 8 day vacay has turned to a 10 day vacay.  But I didn't know that until I drove 45 minutes to work in a blizzard and nobody was there. I mean that's great and everything, but Landon has been telling me the entire week there was NO WAY I'd have to work on New Year's or New Year's Eve.  So leaving this morning at 6:30, after I made my lunch and did my hair I was like, "I'll see you later." and Landon, even in his 90% unconscious state said, "Yeah, I'll see you at 8." And here I am, back on my couch at 8 am because I'm too embarrassed to get back in bed with my husband.  I will be nice to have two more days just to hang out with him though because last week I wish I could tell you I totally vegged out, but the truth is, I was a very busy chickee.  I don't even hardly feel like I got a whole week off work.  There was the whole Christmas thing and I had a whole lot of bridesmaiding to do and a painting pottery with my mom and sister.... and game nights with my old roommates... ok so really, I just hung out a lot with my friends.  And I am worn out. haha! But I'm really glad I got to see everybody, because I am a hermit these days where the only people who ever see me are my co-workers and Landon.  And of course Tom Selleck who has been hanging around my gate lately. And who stands up on his back legs so I will pet him.  Who doesn't want to hang out with that?
But seriously, Landon told me the other day one of his New Year's Resolutions was to see his friends more.  And I was like, "What? I'm not good enough for you?"  But after this week, I think I will have the same goal.  I didn't realize how much I took my girl friends for granted.  Though, to be honest, I don't feel totally deprived because I got my blog friends who I talk to all day every day. :) and you guys keep me sane.

But it has been decided, 2013 will be all about friendships. Old and new.
mazel tov.

4 comments:

  1. Mazel!

    Great idea - and resolution - for 2013. I'm very grateful for blog friends, especially ones who give me Aaron Rodgers chapstick ;)

    But seriously. Let's hang out. I'll come to you because I really want to meet Tom Selleck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Whitney, you took the words out of my mouth. I feel like I could have written this post! We have the same resolution! I agree with you, our friends are like our second family and totally keep us sane :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been realizing the same thing about friendships! ditto girl. dee eye tee tee oh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a plan to me! And I wish I was closer cause we would have way too much fun and Landon's resolution for 2014 would be to just hang around his wife.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget