Afternoon Delight

This weekend was epic.  Starting off with a Friday night tournament of Laser Tag.  That's a big deal with the Street family.  That all started because of Barney on How I Met Your Mother.  Oh Neil Patrick Harris, if only you knew how you influenced my husband and his friends....

Landon prides himself in always taking first place in every game, while I strive to stay alive against the little eight year olds we are up against.  But this time, while I didn't have the highest score, I did manage to swing highest accuracy. What up?

Saturday was a whole different adventure.  Because while Landon was at work, my friend Jordyn and I were trying to figure out what to do with our day.  The original plan was to go indoor surfing, but then the place was closed for maintenance and then Jordyn mentioned that her husband was taking his son skiing and I was all, "well, let's go with them!" But she had never been skiing or snowboarding or what have you and was like, "well, I want to go, but I don't have any gear or anything."  So being the gracious friend I am, I offered her all of my gear and I would just use Landon's since he couldn't come.  Totally worked out, minus the board being about four inches too long for her, but she powered through like a champ.  And she totally looked adorable in all my snow clothes.  We were only doing the afternoon ride which was from 2:30-4:30, but we got there around 2:45 so we didn't have a lot of time. When we went to buy our lift tickets I said something along the lines of, "one afternoon delight, please."  Which ultimately led to us getting Twilight passes for the price of Afternoon passes which goes until 9 pm.  I'm not gonna forget that line if it gets me things.  

Since this was my first time boarding this year, I was a little nervous.  The only reason behind that would be getting off the chair lifts.  If we go back to this time last year,  you would remember that I took one heck of a spill off the lift when I went alone.  I hurt my knee so bad, the doc was convinced I tore my ACL and needed surgery immediately.  Of course, he was wrong with the ACL part, but certainly wasn't wrong with the horrendous sprain.  It took a couple months before I was able to board again, but ever since then I haven't had the confidence to get off a lift alone.  It didn't take us long to realize the only problem with my lift-exiting problem was that I can't work the stomp pad correctly.  (For those of you who don't snowboard, the stomp pad is a rubbery pad on the inside of your binding that you stand on when your foot isn't strapped in.  Usually when you are getting on and off the lifts.)  So we figured out if I just strapped my foot in while we were on the lift, then I could get off just fine.  But, I was on Landon's board on Saturday and the bindings are different, preventing us from being able to strap me in.  So our first ride up was a little nerve racking for me.  Here is a little vlog about that ride:




I probably would have stuck the landing of little Jayden there hadn't decided to turn in front of me.  But after a little practice, we got our system down and I was getting off the lift like a champ by the end of the night.  

It's killing me now that I don't have a season pass this year.  I wasn't so bummed about it when we didn't have any snow, but it just continues to dump on us and I have to sit in the valley and just dream about the pow-pow action up in the mountains.  I'm hoping I will at least get to go a few more times this season.  Even if I have to drop the "Afternoon Delight" line again.

Hope you all have a great Monday.  I know I will, even though my legs are so sore I can barely walk.

10 comments:

  1. Talk about an adventure packed weekend! Lazer tag is on my bucket list, seems like so much fun.

    NPH is s big deal in my house too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to snowboard! It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fact: I have never gone snowboarding, skiing, etc. Never.

    Fact: I have played lazer tag many times and I love it.

    Question: First scuba diving, and now surfing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of your day on the slopes! I need one of those very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you didn't get hurt this time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend! Laser tag is a blast.

    I haven't gotten on a ski lift all season. I am very jealous of your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am proud of you for not falling and hurting yourself! I never learned how to snowboard, and I am okay with that. It terrifies me. As a tall, you amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may have to come visit, simply so that I can ski somewhere with a decent base. The resorts around these parts are sucking big time. Also, I love that you found the magic secret password for the ticket upgrade. That is the way to be.

    Lastly, I have a bionic right knee from a skiing accident. You and I are totally broken knee buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally finally watched the video. YOU ARE WONDERFUL. Keep vlogging. It is hilarious. But why did you need to bring a bra next time??

    ReplyDelete
  10. My idea of snow boarding is sliding on my butt. Can I get a ticket for just butt sledding?

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget