So I Jinxed Myself

Yesterday, I made a comment to a co-worker along the lines of: "I think I'm going to make it out of this season without getting sick." Six hours later, I ate a piece of candy and when I swallowed it, I felt a hint of a sore throat.  I ran home, drank my weight in Emergen-C and had some Top Ramen, but it was to no avail. I woke up with a fever, chills, my tonsils are the size of softballs and I sound like Janis Joplin when I talk.

The moral of the story is:
There is such thing as a jinx.

or, it might have a little something to do with the air quality here. I mentioned earlier about the whole, "it's toxic" thing.  But after yesterday's storm, we finally got it cleared out of here. And boy did it make a difference.
Though it may have gone out with a vengeance and that is why I woke up feeling this way. 
Stupid poison air.

Moral of that story:
Poison air is stupid.

Or, it could be that simply every person around here has some sort of sickness and my body's immune system simply couldn't fight it anymore.

Moral of that story:
Poison air is stupid.

11 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! I hate when you feel that first hint of a sore throat - you know it's coming...

    Poison air is stupid. Move to the compound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes poison air is bad! But you won't get this greener to disagree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even understand poison air. Do you live in Gotham?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just hate that. The boyfriend has been sick for a week and just when I thought I had avoided it I suddenly started coughing. Totally sucks.
    Hope you feel better.
    Kayleigh http://www.thewayiwanderlust.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everyone in the US is sick. It's the Mayans. They faked us out on the end of the world BS knowing we all ate going to have lumpuckaroo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i literally don't touch any of the door handles at work because i'm afraid of what kind of germ monstrosity might be living on it. feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's definitely the poison air. You know, the poison air that's stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sickness going around this flu season is BRUTAL. I've had it twice -_-
    SPRING COME FAST!

    http://carlkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your lovely comment!! :) I am now a new member!

    http://belleoftheday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flu this year is terrible! And it's even worse when it's caused by poison air. You know what place does not have poison air? Fort Collins, CO. Just saying. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget