Why I Love My Work: Pranks

The day before my 2 week vacation from work, a fellow co-worker and I decided we needed to play a little prank on our boss.  We covered his office floor with about five hundred cups of water.
I did this prank once to an old boyfriend, I believe I explained the relationship between him and me once on this blog, I won't go through it again because there is still a lot of angst there, just know that how it ended was with his name permanently becoming Douche Bag Chris. But I digress...  We had lots of fun spending our last day of the year at work covering the floor with these little cups that I didn't realize at all the immense amount of guilt that would tear me apart over the break. I'm talking, waking up at least once over a nightmare about the cups in his office.  I felt like such a little pansy.  There was a time in my life when I lived for prank wars.  I'm just a big softy now.
This Monday was my boss's first day back from his vacay and I was feeling serious pranker's remorse.  When I was driving to work I was suddenly in stand still traffic due to an accident on the interstate.  I sent my boss a quick text letting him know I'd be late.  He texted me right back saying, 

"Roger that.  If you get thirsty, let me know and I will bring you a cup of water."

I got laughing so hard in my truck in that traffic jam.  He totally took it like a champ.  And he got me back by sicking a mouse on me.  Ok, so he didn't sick it on me, but he let it out of the closet and it chased me into the next room where I literally used another co-worker's face to climb up on her desk screaming like a little girl.

this is why I love my job.

11 comments:

  1. That's awesome! haha. I would have felt really bad too, I'm glad he took it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on pranker's remorse! Chris' mother's friend has "JETER2" as her license plate. We parked next to her car when we went to the market about a month ago, and I wrote, "Jeter sucks!" on a piece of paper and put it under her wipers.

    We didn't tell her it was us for about 3 weeks. And I felt bad about it every day.

    I love your job, too. Can they hire me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this prank! I too have had a few prank wars. I wrapped a coworker's entire cubicle in wrapping paper. He was a very manly man and we used carebear wrapping paper. Also did the same with tin foil. We once covered an entire desk in post it notes. We also filled a cubicle with balloons so they couldn't get into it. I'll have to try the water trick next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mice are terrifying.

    I would feel bad about wasting water. <-- I feel bad for saying that. You didn't waste water if fun was had. That makes it all better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny! I wish I could do that on someone, but I don't know who would actually find it funny and not be angry, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fact: there are a lot of mice this year. It's totally creepy, and I get a chill whenever one of my tenants finds a mouse. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, so Kristen told me I HAD to read your blog. I was like, "Okay, whatever, I'll go stalk her and see if she's half as cool as you say she is." I got here and started scrolling down the page, and the second I saw this prank, I fell in love. With your blog... I'm a creep. I've always wanted to do this to someone, and I have to admit, I'm kinda ridiculously jealous that you have done it. And that's all I have to say about htat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL thats awesome, yuor bosses responce even better - can i come work with you, everyone at my work is lame!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Douche Bag Chris. Man, those were the good old days. And now I'm sad because I'm thinking of that quote Andy Bernard said about the good old days.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget