For my Dad

Despite the horrible writer's block I've been suffering through this week, I have managed to power through a post every day.  And I'm proud of that.  But today's post? It's easy.  Because February 7th is my Dad's birthday.  And so I get to write about how much I love him.
My whole life I've been my daddy's little girl.  And even though our family has been through some rough times, I have never once questioned my importance in his life.  

Thanks for everything, Dad.  
Thanks for teaching me how to wakeboard, and to ride dirt bikes.
Thanks for teaching me how to sing and play the guitar.
Thanks for teaching me about forgiveness.
Thanks for bouncing me on the trampoline when I was little, 
and telling me bedtime stories about Rufus and Mittens.  
Thanks for all the back tickles and gas money.
Thanks for always coming to my plays, dance recitals, piano recitals and choir concerts.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to go to school and get an education.
Thanks for the moral support when I wanted to give up on school and my education.

and thank you, Dad, for loving me.


7 comments:

  1. awww how sweet! Love those wedding pics of you guys! PS - this might be creepy but your dad is kind of a hottie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, love those pictures!! And I agree ^^ not to be a sketch, but your dad is fiiiinneeeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grabbing your button girl! so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your dad! Hope your whole family has a blast celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha. kelsey higgins. no idea who you are but i like you.

    and this was sweet. i loved it.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget