a poem:


Thinking instead of Sleeping


I.

I want to make a terrarium-
I think it’s because I long for another Spring.
One I could keep in a bottle through the year;
Through the
heat waves
and
thunderstorms
and falling leaves-
And when we’ve come full circle back to winter,
when trees are wrinkled and tired?
I can hold my bottle full of Spring.

II.

and now I’m considering :
                           
                           A
g
ir
affe
tattoo
be    hind~
m       y
e         ar

A small one (that I could hide with hair) so
it’s only a small amount of pain.
Because God knows, I can’t take much more

pain.

III.

I am missing a friend I’ve never met
It’s 2 am my time, and 4 am her’s.
Which means, she is two hours closer to meeting me
than I her.
That makes me jealous-
and makes me miss her immensely more.





(if you steal this poem, I will cut you)

4 comments:

  1. Whitney! Tears. This made me tear up. October. October. October. It needs to get here.

    The idea of having a piece of spring all year round is perfect. Spring has had such a different meaning to me these past two years, and it makes winters so difficult.

    Get the tattoo. Get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl. You just made me teary eyed too, and I'm not even the friend you're talking about. I get wanting to hold onto spring and the new beginnings and things. Totally get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling you are all meeting in October, and that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget