Dance like Nobody is Watching. And Also be Glad They're Not...

So, I don't know if you guys have seen this floating around Facebook:


It definitely has some good tips on there and some really cheesy ones too.  But I want to focus on number 44 here for a moment and perhaps throw out a word of caution:


Landon and I got home from buying me some new work boots and I had an unusual amount of energy for 5:00 in the afternoon.  So I grabbed Landon's hands and started dancing around our living room with him.  Neither of us are really good dancers so we mostly were goofing off and it was all good fun. And then I backed up and said, "Now, for the big finish!"  Imagining this:

 photo tumblr_m4ykkbgXXq1rr5zkyo1_500_zps65d9cb4b.gif

And I don't know if Landon was picturing the same thing, just with him as the chick....(?)or what, but we both jumped in the air at the same time and not only did the biggest chest bump of all time, but managed to bash each other's knee caps with our own knees.  It was probably the most epic dirty dancing lift fails of all time. OF ALL TIME.  And despite my boobs and my knee caps being in unimaginable amounts of pain, it was definitely one of the highlights of our relationship.

And I guess what I'm saying is: 
Never try this unless you are with Patrick Swayze.  
AKA Never try this.
Too soon?

10 comments:

  1. Bahahaha. Why does Landon think he gets to fly?? Does he secretly love Dirty Dancing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this could have turned into break dancing literally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So every time I hear the Black Eyed Peas version of this song I think of Zumba, which I miss cuz I went back to work but anyways...#48 I'm a child and that is still hard for me to do and not laugh at Brian. Eh whatever we do lots of other good things together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, c'mon - you learned something new together, i.e. #49 - the Knee High Five. It's a twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha I would have loved to seen that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAR TOO SOON.

    But also, hilarious. Next time vlog this, will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was drinking water, and then.. and then I was chocking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you seen Crazy Stupid Love? Ryan Gosling does a mean chick lift like that with Emma Stone. And he's alive!!

    Also, sorry the girls are hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laughing so hard right now. So hard. You two are so flipping romantic. Really.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget