Just Things

Yesterday, I was playing music on my iPod at work.  It was a darling girl, who is really mellow and has a sweet little voice and my boss walks in and is all, "Who we listening to? Janis Joplin?"  I died.  Because Janis Joplin has like this chain smoker voice and is just a party and a half.  AKA couldn't be more polar opposite from what we were listening to.

And then I went home and was telling Landon about it because I was still laughing and he was all, "Who is Janis Joplin?"  So I played "Piece of My Heart" for him and tried to sing along.  It's like trying to sing with AC/DC I just couldn't make my voice sound like hers no matter how hard I tried.  Basically, I just sounded like Chewbacca.  If you want to hear this unique voice I'm talking about, if you too, don't know who Janis Joplin is:

and then last night, I woke up at 3:00 in the morning when our water heater turned on and started making loud noises.  I of course don't think it's our water heater, but that it is someone in my shower.  And I start getting really freaked out that I'm going to have to deal with an intruder using my shampoo. 

It's a good thing my sleep dialing problem has toned down.  The last thing I need is the police showing up to my apartment in the middle of the night because someone is in my shower my water heater turned on.

And that is all I got today.
Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. "Who is Janis Joplin?" SERIOUSLY, LANDON.

    And anyone else who doesn't know who she is, needs to be lined up in a row, so I can smack them.

    Hellloooo! Me & Bobby McGee is MY JAM.

    Okay, enough. You need to protect yourself against that water heater. Amanda Bynes could be lurking in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit I know who Janis Joplin is and I know this song, but I didn't know they went together. Still love me? Okay whew glad we are past that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plan: I am going to crash a google chat one night and you HAVE to sing Janis Joplin for me. And also make the horse sound I keep hearing about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If they don't know who Joplin is they are living under a rock...period. xoxo have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, what's the horse sound? Inquiring (nosy) minds!


    "Feelin' good is good enough for me..."
    Forever Bobby McGee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do some crazy stuff in my sleep too. I'm glad you didn't call 911 in your sleep. That would've been some big drama.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband is the crazy sleep mover and shaker in my family.

    I love Janis Joplin and am always a bit appalled when people don't know who she is.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget