One for my Heart

I was grumpy last Friday. I was. But a miracle happened and paving for the weekend was cancelled.  I was depressed at first because Landon had already left for St. George without me.  But then I decided that wasn't going to stop me.  Because what's a four hour drive after an eleven hour shift in the middle of the night with only one headlight working? Nothing. It was nothing.  I popped open a Sugar Free Rockstar and drove with my fingers crossed the whole way that I wouldn't get pulled over.

Spent a nice, relaxing weekend with the in-laws, ate way too much food, got to meet Shay up for dinner and frog hunting, spent the afternoon with two grandparents and a great, and I even slept in past 8 o'clock both days.  It was something I needed. I didn't realize it til I was there.  It was a vacation for my heart.  And it's probably the last one I'll have for awhile because the pavers are firing up on Wednesday.

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like fate was on your side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This to me would be like eating 6 bags of Reece's cups without the hives! Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm commenting to let you know that I'm not talking to you.

    Just like I left Shay a voicemail yesterday to let her know I'm not talking to her.

    But, seriously...stop hanging out without me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't checked the voicemail, now I know I don't need to.

      Delete
    2. Oh, check it. Because I go from funny to extremely sad in about two seconds.

      The words "I'm depressed" actually came out of my mouth.

      Delete
    3. Fact Alissa. Yesterday, I called you CRYING. and you didn't answer.

      you who always answers never answers when i'm bawling, why is that.

      And Whitney, if you could notify this asshole about this comment.

      Delete
  4. FINALLY. You can't live in the same state and not take amazing pictures together like all the time. I'm glad this happened, and I'm glad this weekend happened for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you didn't post our video.

    I'm shocked!

    I can't believe you left, I'm still sad about it. 5 hours is not enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU BITCHES

    jk.

    OR AM I

    But seriously, you're both perfect. Glad your weekend turned around!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KELSEY.

      Let's hang out and make everyone else.

      No really, come over sometime. OKAY.

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you guys got to meet!! I still consider you my dirt bike sister from another mother mmkay! oxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this makes me uncomfortable.

      fish taco uncomfortable.

      Delete
  8. This sounds so amazingly amazing. Seriously, I'll be coming 'round the mountain one of these days. I have the feeling you are one of the funnest people ever, and I need in on that.

    Also, you and Shay look so normal sized together. I can't get over it.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget