Sleeping In

I don't even know how to say this without sounding like I'm bragging....buuut,

I get today off work!! ha-haaa!

ok wow, that was unnecessary.
But it is true.  Paving was canceled again today and so my boss gave me the option to take today off so I can keep my hours under control. So here I sit, swaddled in five different blankets enjoying being able to sleep in until seven.  Yes.  Sleeping in to me is seven now.

Funny story about sleeping in:
Two nights ago, Landon was doing laundry and he put a load of jeans in around ten or eleven.  I dunno, I was asleep already.  I had no idea what was going on.  ANYWAY, he set an alarm at 2:30 am so he could put them in the dryer so they would be ready for him when he woke up.  I DID NOT know this.  All I know about alarms on his phone is the first one goes off at 8:30 (I have to get up by 5:30).  So when this alarm starts going off I LITERALLY had a panic attack thinking I've slept in three hours and that I'm already an hour and a half late for work. And then Landon stands up out of bed to shut it off (not telling me that it was the middle of the night as I am scrambling to get free from my five blanket burrito) and his knees buckled or something and he completely collapsed on the floor.  He starts mumbling cuss words and my incoherent brain thinks that he is cussing because he was late.  And I'm thinking: this is it. you're going to get fired! (Not that I would even get fired for accidentally sleeping in.) I finally found my phone and click it on to see that it's two thirty in the morning.  I'm not kidding you when I say I've never been more relieved in. my. life.

and then I'm like, "Landon, what are you doing on the floor?"

9 comments:

  1. Ong I died. The last line got me! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LANDON. First he shaves his beard, and now he's doing laundry in the middle of the night. What are you going to do with him?

    I would say that I'm jealous of your day off, but you've been working so much, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this got me literally lol-ing
    i freakin hate that disorientated panicky feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS HILARIOUS

    Tell Landon I used to do late-night laundry too, in college! It was the only time I could get to that community laundry room without having to elbow ten bitches in the stomach to get the one washing machine that works.

    ENJOY YOUR DAY OFF!!! (even though I am totally JEALOUS)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cracks me up. Especially the image of you doing the "I'm so fired, crap I can't get out of my cocoon" shuffle. I hope that you enjoy your day off, and that you aren't in jeopardy of missing Supercross! This snow is seriously problematic. Hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RUDE. Okay, I slept in 30 extra minutes today. But that only means I have to stay at work later.

    That story was amazing, but I'm mostly amazed that he set an alarm to get up to switch the laundry over. What a man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, one crisis at a time, right??

    ReplyDelete
  8. HYSTERICAL. This also explains why you were bragging about a day off during our google chat (LET'S DO IT AGAIN) and I had no idea. I am so behind on my blog reading.

    Who does laundry in the middle of the night?! Basically I'm just glad my husband isn't the only one who does weird things.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget