In Which I Apologize

Day 13, Monday: Issue a public apology. This can be as funny or as serious or as creative as you want it to be.


"Jenni had us write out apologies to people that we'd hurt in our lives.

Alyssa, I'm sorry I called you a gap-toothed bitch. It's not your fault you're so gap-toothed. Gretchen, I'm sorry I laughed at you that time you got diarrhea at Barnes and Noble. And I'm sorry I told everyone about it and I'm sorry for repeating it now.  Laura, I don't hate you because you're fat. You're fat because I hate you. I just wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school. I wish that I could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles, and we'd all eat it and be happy."
 
Done.
 
Ok, I really did write one though. I just couldn't miss the opportunity to quote one of the greatest movies of all time.
 
Dear World:

This is an official apology that goes out to anyone I have ever hurt in my life. At any point. Be it the boy I pushed down in kindergarten and he busted his lip open, or the girl I gossiped about in jr. high because I was insecure about my own faults.  

I am sorry for any pain I have inflicted.

I am sorry for not thinking about my actions or words before I let them hurt you.  In retrospect, I wish I had never let them happen.  

I realize this is a part of growing up.  A learning experience in becoming a decent human and knowing right from wrong and good from bad.  But I am sorry it came at your expense.  

I truly am.

W.

8 comments:

  1. Love that you quoted Mean Girls, but I love the honesty in your own apology more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHITNEY. Get out of my head.

    I was going to publish that Mean Girls quote, until I forgot to post yesterday, so I apologized for that instead.

    I hope that boy from kindergarten is not holding a grudge against you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched Mean Girls last night and thought to myself, as I always do, best movie ever.

    Also what a scrappy young July 13ther you were pushing people and busting lips. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sweet.

    I thought it was going to be sarcastic based on the Mean Girls quote. You got me.

    YOU RULE, WHIT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one loves Mean Girls more then I do. No one.


    Whitney. I'd like flowers if you ever hurt me. Make a note of it. Like stash away some cash just in case...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear boys in 5th grade I am sorry I hit you in the nuts.. On purpose. For shits and giggles. Not really! That felt great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mean girls. you win. you win!
    but your real apology is better. and sincere. and real. and junior high was the absolute worst.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a pretty profound apology that encompasses a lot. Good work.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget