In Which I Get Nostalgic

Day 12, Sunday: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...

I know I whined and cried about being terrified of lake fish a couple days ago.  But today's prompt sent me into a downward spiral of nostalgia when I thought about going to the lake.  Ever since I was four years old, we have had a boat.  And up until two years ago when I started the job I'm in now, I would go boating at least once a week in the summer.  I didn't go at all last year, and only once the year before.  I hadn't really thought about how little I've been in the last couple years. Or maybe, I just don't want to think about it.  Summer is who I am.  My birthday is in July, my skin tans fabulously, I lived for summer my whole life.  And I wish that I cherished it as much as I used to.  But now, all summer means to me is more road construction, hotter temperatures while I'm out sampling our products.  The bees are out,  I need to put sunscreen on so I don't get a hard hat line.... It's just- I don't know.  Summer has lost it's magic I guess.  And that breaks my little sun-kissed heart.
So this is what I miss:
 
Driving the boat

Hitting big ol' waves on the tube


Amost getting trajected into the stratosphere
(1:09 is where the big jump is)


Jumping the wake


And strawberries and cream sunsets with the love of my life as we pull into the marina.


oh, and of course, seeing how many people we can get to stand up on the tube.
I think the record is 11....



Oh, summer. I'm sorry I have forsaken thee.


8 comments:

  1. It must have been wonderful spending so much time at the lake growing up, I love being near water it makes me feel so calm. I hope you are one day able to get back there regularly and that you love summer again like you used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I definitely miss summer break with nothing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My skin tans fabulously"

    I adore you.

    This looks amazing. I always wanted a friend with a boat who I could mooch off of for fun times on the water. Good thing I found you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went on a motorboat yesterday for the first time in about fifteen years. It is, hands down, my favorite place to be.

    So, I'm thinking, you need to get in on the vacation lake house with me and Shay. We're going to have a boat there. And the more cool people we have in on this, the less we have to beg for change on the side of the road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I am so jealous! Of all the 18 years I have lived I have never done something like this.

    http://haleybrianna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. listen, whitney, i am with you!
    what is the point of having skin that tans perfectly (i was once called a golden biscuit by a roommate who liked to "moo.") if we can't get it brown?! shay's right. quit your job and just come hang out with me. i'll buy us each a kiddie pool and we'll be set for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your job makes me sad. July birthdays are the best.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget