In Which I Have Learned Things

Day 23, Thursday: Things you've learned that school won't teach you
1. Forgive. Not necessarily for the one who has hurt you, but for your own heart.
2. Friends come and go, but make sure you always have one you can call crying in the middle of the night.
3. Lighten up. 
4. Read Harry Potter.
5. Get a dog.
6. Say, "I love you" every time you hang up the phone with your loved ones.  Even if you're picking them up and you can see each other and they're about to get in you car. Still say it.
7. Write notes to show you care. 
8. Star gazing really puts things in perspective. 
9. Work hard for your money.  The best feeling is when you feel like you earned it.
10. Smile at strangers.  Be polite when they hold the door open for you and say, "Thank you." Or else they might yell at you. (Alissa.)
11. Never judge someone when you don't know what they are going through.
12. Don't live in the past.  Always look forward.
13. Big Macs are ok every now and then.
14. Go for walks instead of watching tv. Especially if you just ate a Big Mac.
15. Math is stupid. (whoops. learned that one in school.)
16. Love easily.  Don't let heart break hinder your ability to love.
17. Tell the truth.  If you make a mistake, don't try to cover it up. Unless you're Grace Helbig and you're giving yourself bangs because you fell down some stairs because you tripped over your neighbor's dog.
18. Be open to advice.  And if you need help, don't be too proud to ask for it.
19. Your mom is pretty much right. About everything.
20. Let yourself be happy.  With life.
 Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
-Albus Dumbldore

13 comments:

  1. WHITNEYYYYY

    THIS LIST.

    I want to hang this up. Do I have the author's permission?

    My favorite one is the Big Mac one. And the one about walking after eating a Big Mac.

    Side note.. I have never eaten a Big Mac. Nothing against it, I'm just usually a chicken person. Want to get one when you visit? Our McDonald's has Wifi. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STOP, KELSEY. STOP. I've never had a Big Mac either, because I'm also a chicken person. AND our McDonald's is pretty fancy, so we'll have to make a stop there.

      Delete
  2. I will never yell at you for not saying thank you, I promise. But I will yell at every other human being.

    Also...asking for advice (or in my case, help) is tough to do. Once you've mastered that, I think life is a lot easier. Or so I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's quite the list! My mom is definitely always right, too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just brought all my harry potter books home from my parents house. and my summer is going to consist of rereading them. im halfway through the first one and everytime i pick it up im like 'damn, this was such a good decision'

    also. this list is the bomb.com
    all of it.
    excpet the big mac. cuz im a picky eater and i like that ish plain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. But I don't think anybody eats Big Macs in blog land. Lmao. I really love your list though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This list is perfect, I loved it all, #7 really made me smile because a little note can mean so much. 'm working on numbers 12 and 18. As for McDonalds I'd rather have a double cheeseburger than a Big Mac, I don't get that extra layer of bread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Mini Mac is my husband's go-to choice when we hit up McD's [which is most never, thank heavens] but then you don't have that extra layer of bread and it's brilliant! Just get a double cheeseburger and ask them to put the Big Mac sauce and pickles on it... You feel slightly less like you're going to die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meeting you will be stellar. I'm absolutely positive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got me with this list. You are far too young to be this wisdomous.

    LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. #16 is a major work in a progress. Yikes you got me there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This list is funny, smart, and profound, all at the same time. I love it a lot.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget