In Which I Let Go

Day 30, Thursday: React to this term: Letting Go


You really want to know what I think about the term: Letting Go?  Why don't we consult my Pinterest?


I'm to the point where I don't think I can let go anymore. I've completely just cut off things that are breaking my heart.  I'm not ignoring them, I'm still dealing with stuff, but a while back I crossed the breaking point.  And now there isn't anything left to break.  It's time for my to sweep up the shattered pieces of myself and glue 'em back together.  Life comes at you hard.  And it's 24/7.  Often times the things that hurt so bad, the things that are near impossible to let go of? Those are the things that are stitched so tightly in your heart.  They're in your bones and your veins and your blood cells.  It's scary trying to forget and move on, because it feels like you're moving on from yourself.  And that's how I've felt.  But there came a point where I realized that's not what I want my life to be like.  It's not how I want to end up.  It hurt so much, but it felt like something worth fighting for.  There comes the point though, the one past the breaking point where you realize it isn't worth the pain.  Not anymore.  


It's time to be happy.
It's time to stop hurting.
It's time-

time
to 
just
let
go.

10 comments:

  1. You and your Pinterest boards...all the way from SL, UT. ;)

    When you first let go of something, it takes a while to find your balance again. But once you do, it's the best feeling.

    LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl. This is good. It hurts me to think you are hurting- but I am so glad to know you have found a way to start to put yourself back together.

    Snapchats are the glue that will fix any broken mood. Just ask Alissa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so out of the loop--hope all is okay : /

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well.. well.. well..

    I have a feeling today's posts are going to to me in. this is heavy, this is beautiful.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, and yes. I love this.

    I also consulted pinterest...hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was very beautifully worded. Well done.
    Hope you're doing okay. Here to talk whenever (but you knew that....I just didn't want to pry last time we chatted).

    Also, I enjoy how all of those letting go pins were based on letting go of a balloon. If only the things we need to let go of were as inconsequential and light as a balloon. It should be a picture of rolling an anvil until finally it's rolled off a cliff. I think that would be more appropriate.

    I love you. Sorry this got long-winded. I need more human contact. (Now I sound like an alien, I really need to go.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. I understand this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're doing okay! Letting go is probably one of the hardest things we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My my favorite part? How you wrote about how often the hardest things we go through are in fact the hardest things to let go of...so true. So frustratingly true! And right now, daily, there are a few things that I am having to consciously choose to let it go. Love this post! Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't let go either. It's a big problem I have.

    These are some deep thoughts, Miss Whitney. I need to ruminate over these. But please know, if you ever need a friend, I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget