In Which I Tell You What I Really Do.

Day 6, Monday: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?

I would actually prefer to answer this question by not saying, "I test asphalt."  Not that I don't like my job, but it usually leads to a strange look with me following with an elaborate explanation that results in an eyes-glazed-over-head-nod response.
So go ahead, ask me what I do.
I'm assuming you just asked.
Well, let me tell you.  I wake up before the sun. I write my own story and put it on the internet for the world to see. I day dream. I play music. I sing. I smile. In the summer I wake board, in the winter I snow board and anytime of the year I'll indoor surf.  I ride motorcycles with the wind. I'll lay in the grass any chance I get.  I curse when I get hurt, I cry too.  I don't like to fight, but I'll stand my ground when it comes too defending my family. I travel. I play with poetry, but I don't like to share it.  I'm shy when it comes to that stuff. I talk.  Probably more than I should, but unless someone tells me to shut up, I'll keep going.  I paint my nails and write in cursive.  I pray when I'm trouble, and I pray when I'm thankful, but I still think I could pray a little more. 
oh. and I love.
and that is what I do.  It's probably just as long of an explanation of my real job...I like this better though.

9 comments:

  1. I wasn't about to explain what I do for a living.

    I wasn't about to explain much of anything really, I should just copy and paste what you do because it's true to life. except: motorcycles, snowboarding, wake-boarding, and daydreaming.. oh and testing asphalt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of this. Especially the part about praying.

    I am praying that your trip to NY comes faster. Is that ok??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I love how you wrote it. I love that I'm not the only person who writes in cursive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that when people ask that question it's like you HAVE to answer with your job, even though you're soo much more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do not curse! I don't believe it! I do believe that you write in cursive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what you do is an adventure and i love it.
    i absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this particular expression of you. Keep doin' what you do, it works!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget