Do Work, Son.

So two years ago today, I hired onto a job that I didn't even know existed.  I took it because my fiancé said it paid good and it wasn't viciously boring.  I had no idea what I'd what I signed on for...




 I had no idea how many Redbulls and Monsters I'd be drinking.  I had no idea it would be in the prettiest area of Salt Lake.  I had no idea pranks were part of the job description.  I had no idea how hard it would be to decide where to go to lunch that eventually brackets got involved.  I had no idea how terrified of MSHA and Safety I would become.  Or that studying for a test for things I had been doing every day for a year would be so hard.  I had no idea what a Grease Monkey was or that I would be drawing birds in the dirt I washed.  I had no idea that night shifts weren't nearly as horrible as I had imagined.  And even though he quit awhile back, I had no idea how awesome it would be to work for the same company as Landon.  When the AC went out, I had never worked in such hot weather.  Or when the heaters gave up-such cold weather.  And I never, ever had to be pulled out of a snow bank so many times.

I didn't realize that I was going to love it as much as I do.
I have never worked so hard in my life, and that makes me proud of myself.
My co-workers and my boss? they're my best friends.  And I realize how big of a deal that is.

How big of a deal all of this is.  To love my job like I do.
I may never leave.

8 comments:

  1. Lucky!! I'm glad you love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your job is a big deal, and I'm glad you enjoy it so much! Keep up the good work ...and by that, I mean, never tell anyone if they have food on their face/in their beard.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on loving your job for 2+ years! That is an incredible accomplishment, not many of us can say the same =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous. I feel about ZERO of those towards my job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whit! Work it girl! Literally.

    I am so happy that you love your job. It makes everything in life a whole lot easier, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could say the same! Will transmute my job-loathing into happiness for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you! I don't think there's a job I'll ever fully love, but I know how HUGE of a difference it makes in your life to not hate your job. So you go girl.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget