Whatever Wednesday: First Kiss

I feel as though I have told you guys about my first kiss at some point in this blog...? But I guess we can revisit the topic.  It was sometime toward the end of April in 2006 on the evening of my Junior Prom.  I had been voted into the Prom royalty and was wearing a lime green dress with intricate beading that my neighbor had lent to me.  It was gorgeous, by far the prettiest dress I had ever worn to a high school dance.  My hair was held on top of my head with a thousand bobby pins and a crown.  I was asked by the boy I adored at the time, and I couldn't wait for the dance.  I was sure I was going to get my first kiss that night.  I had been talking about it with my girl friends all month.  The situation was too perfect not to.

I don't remember a lot of the details of the night.  A lot of dancing, a lot of goofing off with our friends but I remember the car ride home.  There was a few different couples crammed into the little car, and each one we dropped off, we obnoxiously turned off the headlights to the car in case there was going to be some kissing on the doorstep.  We didn't want them to feel like they were on a stage.  And then the guy would come back to the car and we'd all be like, "DIDJA KISS HER?!" And the answer was no each time.  But when we pulled up to my house, things were finally about to get interesting.  He opened my door, took my hand so he could help me if I were to get tangled up in my dress, and walked me to my door under the starlit night.  Out went the headlights, and we awkwardly stood there saying how much fun we had, and thanks for taking me and thanks for being my date and I started to realize this kid was too nervous to kiss me.  But there was no way I was going to end my night of being a princess without getting my first kiss.  So I kissed him.  It was quick.  Definitely the fastest kiss I've ever had.  But, it was a kiss and that was all I wanted.  I said goodnight and went inside immediately.  I could almost hear the cheers from the car when they asked if he kissed me.  Even though he didn't. I kissed him.  But whatevs.  My night was perfect.  I went upstairs, took my dress and crown off, and crawled into bed smiling.

It wasn't three weeks later that he and I had a falling out and basically never spoke again.  But I don't hold him in disdain.  He was part of one of the best first kisses of all time.  And I will always owe him that.

and there you have it.  Head over to Alissa or Shay's if you want to join in on Whatever Wednesdays!


10 comments:

  1. THIS IS SO CUTE. Like a flippin' movie!!! I want to see pictures of this prom, ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story.. Nice to meetcha btw

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute story. gah. now if only I could remember my first kiss haha.
    I want to also see photos of your prom! especially that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww!!! i love this story!!! this is my favorite first kiss story!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, you're a proactive first-time kisser! Important to know these things about a person. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh cute. what a cute story. Love that you took the initiative and kissed him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahahahaah, you would go in for that kiss. I can totally see you doing that.




    And on a sidenote, Whit.. I promise I miss you like crazy, I'm the worst friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is adorable and hilarious. Way to take charge and get what you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, finally a cute story!! I know this dress, I do. We have seen it here before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this story! Adorable. I love that you kissed him. I did that once. I was in the school musical, and I was backstage with one of the stage hands I had a crush on, and when the lights went off I kissed him. I have no idea what came over me. I never did it again.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget