The Time I Got Sunburned 4 Times in a Row

Disclaimer: if you follow me on instagram, you've probably seen all this. 

Four day weekend. That was a straight up gift from the heavens.  Along with afternoon thunderstorms every night.  I hope you all had an awesome 4th of July.  Hope you stayed safe.  We did.  The only close call we had was when Skyler shot his little brother in the face with a Roman Candle.  He was pointing it at the ground and it bounced right back up and got the little guy right between the eyes.  Once it was established that he was ok, I don't think I have seen Sky laugh harder in the entire time I've known him.
video

The day of the 4th, we literally spent every second of it poolside.  With the dog and the rubber duck.

video video
And I personally dedicated the day to welcoming back some desperately needed tan skin.  I was a tad enthusiastic unfortunately and came out a little crispier than intended.  I was able to salvage myself thanks to the aloe plant growing in the window.

The 5th was spent up at Pineview Dam with my mom's side of the family.  They were up there the whole weekend, but being married and all, time had to be divided between the families.  You know how it goes.  Landon had to work that day, which sucked for him because we had a blast.
My uncle brought about sixteen kayaks up to the dam and we divided into Team Yellow and Team Blue and played the world's most intense game of Kayak Rugby.  Which I don't know if it was a thing before, but it is now.  We set up two goal posts in this little inlet and threw a little ball in between teammates.  If you had the ball, you weren't allowed to paddle, you could only pass.  We weren't sure at first how it was going to work out, but it the decision to make it into an annual thing was quick.


and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day.


Of course, this day was known as: the day my sunburn got a sunburn.  I got back up to Heber that night and took more than my fair share of the aloe plant.

And pretty much the rest of the weekend went as follows:
Sleep til eleven
eat
swim
eat
swim
more aloe
thunderstorm
eat
play games until one or all falls asleep
rinse and repeat.

Definitely one of thee best weekends yet.
And now a moment of silence for the fallen aloe plant.

Way to take one for the team ol' boy.
How was your 4th

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great weekend. I would be the worse at Kayak Rugby, I just go round in circles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 3 aloe plants in my window, if you come visit I'll give you one to replace the fallen soldier.

    Your family and DOGS, Whitney. I just can not even. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wore a different bikini bottom on Saturday, and it was a little lower cut that my other one. I sunburnt the ISH out of that stripe of skin. I am using it as an excuse to not wear real pants until it heals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fantastic time I bet the sunburn pain was worth it. Keep in mind sunscreen protects your skin from long term sun damage

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget