Typical Night with the Borders

I spent the night up and the rent's house again last night.  Got to do some more horse riding.  I trotted the whole time. AKA someone sign me up for the next rodeo. fo. real.

I wish you guys could come hang out with my family and me for a day. Or even just a couple hours.  Because the Border Clan is just a ball of fun. Maybe you wouldn't find us as funny as we do though.
Who am I kidding. Of course you would.

I was laughing at things my mom and brother were saying and doing and I was trying to remember them throughout the night so I could share with you.

Like yesterday afternoon when we were about to saddle up and my mom went to use the port o'potty and I jammed a stick in the lock so she couldn't get out.  My mom's words were:

"Don't forget I'm your ride home and I'm going to kick you in the face if you don't let me out."

or when our horse instructor was telling us how the Horse Whisperer was told by Hoe Down that he didn't like his name and wanted to be called "Raw Hide."  And regarding the horse she was on whose name is Wilson, my mom was like, "What does Winston want to be called."  And the instructor looked at her for a second and was like, "Wilson."

And then my mom went to get up on her horse, but the saddle wasn't tight enough and it slipped sideways and my mom almost fell on the ground taking the horse with her.

And when my mom was loping on Wilson for the first time and she was across the coral yelling, "Look at me loping! Look at me loping!"  and then her horse decided it wanted to make a turn around a barrel and almost threw her off the front.

AND THEN we finally pulled into our driveway after our lessons and our grass is a little dry due to the drought conditions and she says, "Do you like our grass?"  And I was like, "No."  And she was all, "Why?!" and I was like, "It's dead, Mom."  and she was like, "It's not dead! It's just resting..."

My brother came in a little while later and turned on the news to watch the helicopter crash earlier yesterday.  There was a story about how to properly hitch up a trailer behind your truck and the news caster was interviewing a highway patrolman. They said, "And thank you to Officer Ivy for..." when my brother started singing, "And little lambs eat ivy, a kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?"

I couldn't handle it.
come hang out with us, you guys. I'm serious.

8 comments:

  1. ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME JEALOUS THAT I HAVEN'T MARRIED INTO YOUR FAMILY YET?

    BECAUSE IT IS WORKING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR FAMILY.

    Maybe I'll just come to Utah in October, instead of you coming to NY?

    And then I'll marry your brother, and Kelsey will knife me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALISSA more like AH-LISTEN UP I WILL MURDER YOU.

      Delete
  3. I am a much bigger fan of my family as an adult. Growing up I was like WHY ARE YOU ALL SO WEIRD. Now I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would come hang out with your family anytime. I think my favorite is your mom cheering about loping. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS -- You are so hot to trot now with all of that horseback riding. Dang, girl!

      Delete
  5. I miss your family. I will never forget the first time I met your brother and he broke some jar and screamed like Chewbacca.

    Also, how did I get so behind on your blog!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You locked your mom in a porta-potty! I'll be there this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget