Winter is Coming.

After the last couple weeks of work being insane, it's finally over for the season and I celebrated in the best way I know how. Relaxing in Hebes.  Friday night, Landon took me to dinner and a movie.  Elysium.  It was decent, not a MUST SEE like Pacific Rim or anything.  (Read: heavy sarcasm font.)  But it was good.  You know, for a sci-fi.

Friday, we decided to just move everything in our apartment around to the point where you can't walk through a room without the lights on, or you'll break a toe.  Decided we'd had enough of that and went up to Heber to play a round of golf with my dad.
And by "we" I mean "they" while I hung out with Ellen with my feet propped up on the cart's steering wheel.  I did have to get out and putt with them, my dad gave me some awesome pointers so that maybe I can hold my own in a miniature golf game one day. (Read: heavy sarcasm font.)

We hit up a delicious dinner joint and stocked up on carbs so we could have a late night pool party.

There is an insane meteor shower that took place this weekend and we stayed out late swimming, and when it was dark enough to see the meteors, we dried off and snuggled up in a hammock and watched the stars paint the sky. It was GORGEOUS. Everyone ended up falling asleep under the stars until it got too cold and we headed inside.

I'm trying to soak up what I can of summer, because it's starting to hint at it's departure.  At least up in Heber.  The 100's and 90's are out of the forecast and it's cooling down.  Sad that I think 86 degrees is cold, huh?

7 comments:

  1. Once again, thanks for the invite... ;)

    It's sad but true, summer is winding down. I'm going to Mumford next weekend and I remember when that felt like YEARS away.

    But I'm not complaining. Fall is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather here has been unseasonably cool, like highs in the 60's and 70's. It's disconcerting, since we should be around 100 or so these days.

    How do you always know about all of the cool astronomy stuff like meteor showers? So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun late night pool party, while the weather will still allow it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH night time swimming, I love it! And during a meteor shower, too! Lucky lady!! :)

    HOW IS ELLEN'S BOOK!? I have been wanting to read it for so long and just haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I not know of this meteor shower?



    I'm guessing because I don't watch the news. Just guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read that book! So funny.

    That sounds perfect. I need a vacation. And I want to watch a meteor shower in a hammock.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget