Day 2: Where Would I Go?

Day 2 of Blogtember poses the question of: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?


This may sound like a cop out, but I don't really know where.  I'm not one who plans extravagant vacations, though I will be first in line to sign up for one that is planned and paid for.  But if I suddenly got the opportunity to up and leave no questions asked for three months, I'd imagine it would be someplace like this:
But what I would do for three months is another part of this for me.  I would leave everything behind. EV-ER-Y-THING.  Except a camera and of course maybe Landon.  And I would spend three months taking pictures and writing and breathing.  Watching sunrises and sunsets every day.  Because the sky: it dazzles me. I've told all my secrets to the sky.  And to be in a place where there are no mountains blocking it? No sky scrapers, no telephone poles, trees, cranes, or houses.  Only a fine line between water and space. A tight rope to be walked every Morning Rise and Nightfall.  That is where I'd like to hang my hat for three months.  

9 comments:

  1. well said! I like this idea of leaving it all behind and soaking it allllll in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh... this sounds like paradise. I would like to go to this place too. PREFERABLY WITH YOU, so let's work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the sky: it dazzles me". So beautifully put. I hope you get the chance to unwind from the pressures of work very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is what I meant to post but you put it so much better than I ever could have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my favorite line is "... and of course maybe Landon." Because it went from of course to maybe in the course of a millisecond. ;)

    But really, I get it. And I love it. Though I would travel all over the place like a woman possessed. Soak in every place I could. That's why I copped out and didn't do a full post... I couldn't get myself together to gather all those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so worried you were going to leave Landshark behind! This is just a lovely thought though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I read cranes I thought of the bird, and wondered in what context you had been living in here in Utah where you saw cranes blocking the sky. I certainly don't want to be in that context.

    Also, this was a beautifully poetic post. Effortlessly poetic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be there with you. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget