Utah Goes to New York

Ok, so I've been trying to decide how I was going to approach this recap of the big trip to Mechanicville, New York.  If I'd just do one big post with a thousand pictures and stuff, but I decided in the end I decided no one likes long blog posts, and there is so much to talk about that I would just take it day by day.  So today's will be relatively short since I didn't get into NY until about 6:30 Monday night.

After traveling all day, and nearly missing my connecting flight to Albany, I finally stepped off the plane one New York.  I was a ball of nerves despite talking to Alissa and Kelsey a thousand times on the internet, we were about to meet in real life, like HUG and stuff.  I walk out of the terminal and saw them standing to the side, kind of behind this tall dude and I just froze.  My jaw dropped like I was about to scream, but no noise came out.  I had only been waiting for this moment for like 10 months.  And I don't know about them, but it wasn't awkward in the slightest.  I felt like we had been real life friends this whole time and they were just picking me up for a dinner date.

We got my bag and got in Alissa's car.  She was careful to say at least 7 words to the ticket booth operator and as we pulled away, she screamed, "SHE LIVES!"  And at that moment I knew that flying across the country was not a mistake.

We hit up the Cheesecake Factory where I had some New York cheesecake and ate my weight in pasta.  We took Kelsey back to her car and Alissa showed me around Mechanicville even though it was night time and I couldn't really see.  I could see the houses and I was in love immediately.  There were so old and so full of personality.  There is nothing like that in Utah.  We went back to the house and I unpacked and had proper introductions with her cats: Nico, Tino and Moosh the Dueche.

After all that was said and done, it was nearly time to get Shay from the airport.  We headed back to Albany and sat in the waiting room in the airport with our noses pressed up against the window awaiting her arrival.  When her plane finally landed and we saw her walking towards us, we hid up against the wall next to the elevator, planning to jump out and scare her.  I leaned up against the elevator door when it opened suddenly causing me to lose balance and nearly blow my cover.  But I found my footing and waited for the exact moment when Shay walked past when I jumped out and yelled, "RAWR!"  Unfortunately, there was a girl in between Shay and me so she ended up getting the heat of the scare. And I felt really bad when she looked like I took ten years off her life.  But I got over it in a matter of a second or two because finally, we were all in the same room at the same time.  Where we took the first ever picture of us where we weren't separated by our computer screens and thousands of miles.


And that was day one.  Even though it was only a few hours, it was definitely a success.

5 comments:

  1. Loving the "SHE LIVES!!" comment because it's true. She did get to live! But I hope next time any of you go through a toll booth, you remember to say at least 7 words OR ELSE.

    I'm still processing the fact that you were here and now you're gone. I'ma need a minute. Or two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU CAN COME BACK ANYTIME NOW. Bring Landon. We will take you to Buffalo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that you scared someone else. classic.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget