Christmas Decorations and Ex-Boyfriend Encounters

So I had invited my mom to come to the lights with us on Monday, but she had her horse back riding lesson and wasn't able to make it.  Both of us were super bummed because we wanted to hang out and enjoy the lights and each other's company.  So I decided to go home last night and have a mama-daughter date.  I wanted to take her to Frozen because she hadn't seen it and I've been dying to see it again.  I knew there was a new theater just South of her, but I didn't realize there was this massive mall that had popped up in the time I have lived away from home.  And it was decorated so Christmassy we totally forgot she hadn't been to Temple Square with us.
I mean, it was gorgeous.  They had this little ice rink and this pond that did a water show with all these colors and Christmas music.  I was seriously wishing I had brought a coat because I was freezing my butt off.  At one point I had climbed into the fire place to warm my fingers back up.
This was after, of course, I ran into an ex of mine.  Not just any ex though, MY FIRST KISS ex.  And I'm not good with past-boyfriends anyway.  I'm pretty sure my eyes bugged out of my head and I ran in the opposite direction after we made an extremely uncomfortable eye contact.  I mean, the last time we saw each other was back in high school, but it didn't end well... haha soooo awkward.  Classic me, I can't just say hi and move on, I have to go hide in a snow covered hedge.

Despite that horrible blast from the past, I had such a magical evening with my mom.  Sometimes I miss her so much I can't hardly stand it.  And living and hour and a half away from home doesn't make things easier.  I was so happy to be able to go goof around with her.

12 comments:

  1. "At one point I had climbed into the fire place to warm my fingers back up." You LITERALLY kill me. That picture is my new favorite of you.

    So happy you got to have some mom-daughter time!! The last time I made my mom go to the movies with me, she fell asleep. CLASSIC MOM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How to make your ex Boyfriend/Girlfriend Come Back?

      How to get your Ex Boyfriend/Husband or Girlfriend/Wife back using text messages. Free presentation shows you how to use simple text messages to get your ex boyfriend or girlfriend back literally at the push of a button. Have you ever let someone go… and then wished more than anything that you could get that person to come back? In order to get your ex back you MUST use this system!

      Follow the link for you’re free presentation. How to make your ex Boyfriend/Girlfriend Come Back?

      Thanks again.











      .

      Delete
  2. Stop having the cutest mom in the world!

    Places like that do not exist around here, I swear. If I go to the mall, it's filled with decorations they've used for the past 10 years.

    In other news, I'm meeting my mom and the nug at DiBella's for lunch, so feel free to be there waiting for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SEE YOU THERE. Wait, was I invited? WAIT, I DON'T CARE.

      Delete
  3. all i can picture is a cartoon version of this encounter where your eyes literally pop out of your head and your feet start moving really fast, but you don't go anywhere. i am a good blog friend in this regard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I'm glad you had such a fun date with yo' mama! I don't think we'll ever grow out of needing our moms. :)

    That is one good thing about living in Alaska. Not a single ex-boyfriend to be found. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have a hot mom! Which means you'll be a hot mom! I hate awkward ex encounters, it's happened to me several times this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EX BOYFRIEND ENCOUNTERS ARE THE WORST. I am so sorry you had to endure that.

    That Temple Square almost makes me want to be Mormon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi buddy there, I am very eager to learn the knowledge anywhere, and this is just the place that having quality information.
    life style

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget