The Whoville Tree

So check out this tree my step-father-in-law brought home, this sucker is like 16 or 17 feet tall:


I was up on the ten-foot ladder the other night trying to wrap the ribbon around the top.  I was maybe a step or two from the top of the ladder with nothing to hold on to when suddenly this beast of a tree started to tip over on me.  I don't think the base is big enough for a tree that size, and I definitely wasn't prepared for one to fall on my while I was balancing on a step ten feet up.
My mother-in-law was on the floor tying the other ribbon around the base when I realized it was falling over.  I had a mouth full of branches as I grabbed for the trunk and yelled for her help.  We stopped it just in time before I was knocked off the ladder to my imminent death, but I still had to figure out how to get down without letting it fall the rest of the way. I was able to help Sunny give it a good shove up against the wall so I could climb down, and we propped the ladder up against it until her husband got home to fix it.
Once everything was secured we were able to put the rest of the decorations back up.  But don't think that I got back up on the ladder to do anything more than hang a small ornament. I really didn't want that thing coming back down on me.  I was very proud of it though when we finished decorating it last night.  Sunny kept calling it a Whoville tree because of how big some of the ornaments were.  I love it.  We just can't let the cat know how much power she holds in her paws.  One swift swat at this tree could send the whole thing tumbling.  Ornaments and all...




9 comments:

  1. That thing is massive! Cats were born to ruin Christmas trees. It's in their DNA, I swear. Nico was testing his limits with my tree over the weekend - looking oh so cute laying underneath it, but I know better. He can attack at any moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT"S HUGE! My little tree is only 6 ft. Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 16 feet tall??! That's unreal! What a beautiful tree, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is terrifying. That is a really long way to fall! Glad you didn't meet your doom

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you didn't plummet to your death! but dying in the name of christmas wouldn't be a horrible way to go

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tree, it's gorgeous! Glad it didn't kill you, though. My dream is to someday have a house big enough for a 16 foot tree...right now we'd have to cut a hole in the ceiling. Now there's an idea...

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT IS AS TALL AS YOU. But really though, this is my favorite christmas tree in all of blogland. It is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely seeing the WhoVille resemblance here! But I love all of the color!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget