A Weekend Fit for a Queen

GOOD NEWS YOU GUYS- I didn't spend my weekend reading. Not that there is anything wrong with that.  I was just starting to get major cabin fever over here and it was sooo nice to get out of the house and do things.

Starting with Friday night, Landon and I went out with one of his old work buddies from the motorcycle shop and his wife.  We went to dinner and then out to ice cream after.  And thanks to gift cards from Christmas, we spent a grand total of five bucks on a tip.  Can't help but feel awesome about that.  And then we went back to their house so they could show us all their new kitchen appliances and make me green with jealous rage.  (Still over here mooning over my dream house.)  We didn't get home til after midnight and we stayed up watching the Chappelle Show for another hour.  And as sad as it is, I can't tell you the last time I stayed up til after 1 am.  It was so nice.

Saturday- we slept til like eleven, because hello we were basically teenagers the night before staying up past midnight, why not keep the facade going for a little longer by sleeping til almost noon?  I felt so free!! I ate my leftovers from the night before for breakfast lunch and Landon inhaled half a loaf of his Grandma's banana bread. It was almost three by the time I was showered and ready for the day.  And by that point we were packing up to go night boarding.  I was so excited, but not totally prepared for how COLD it was going to be.  Even with my beard, I about froze to death.  We had to go sit in the lodge for a half hour to get feeling back in our hands.

But even though it was freezing, I was so happy to be back on the slopes with my best guy.  Sometimes I take for granted how amazing it is to have someone who loves all the things I love and makes sure that we get out to do them.  Especially with this whole new "budgeting" concept.  I was worried we were going to have to sacrifice everything that was fun, but he is keeping me entertained despite the cutting back portion of it.

And Sunday.  Basically my whole life the Super Bowl was about the food and the commercials.  And while that is still the best part, I was able to watch this game with knowledge of the whole season behind me.  And I was that much more invested in the game.  Unfortunately, it didn't end even remotely how we wanted it to, but I still got to hang out with my brother, sister and dad and play ping pong and eat ALL OF THE THINGS.  So I was hardly sad about the day.
I'm telling you, it was a weekend that was fit for a queen.  If there is a queen out there who snowboards, wrestles with her dog and inhales enough Super Bowl food to feed her own country...

5 comments:

  1. YOU ARE WINNING AT LIFE THIS WEEKEND! So many fun times!! Also, you and your sister and dad are triplets! All cuties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Even with my beard, I about froze to death." I can't stop laughing.

    LOOK AT YOUR FAMILY, I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.

    Those mountains. That snow. That sun! sigh. I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the mountain pictures are so pretty. even your beard looks pretty frozen... and now i want my grandma's banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That beard is awesome and it sounds like it was a pretty freaking sweet weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "GOOD NEWS YOU GUYS- I didn't spend my weekend reading. " EXCUSE ME I AM OFFENDED

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget