As of Late...

-I've been horrible at blogging.  I have no excuse.  I just find myself in bed at 10:30 going, "Whoops. Forgot to blog again."  And not seeming terribly bothered by it.

-I'm currently fuming over the episode of the Bachelor last night where the only DECENT chick for JP was sent home.  I'm now pulling for the super crazy chick who only thinks about herself.  Because Juan Pablo deserves her and her mental disabilities.

-I want to do my nails, but it seems pointless because I maimed my middle and ring finger over the weekend and they are all bandaged up.  It all happened because Landon and I decided to go shoot our guns for an afternoon activity and I found these big cans of pumpkin pie filling and candied yams that someone had been using as targets who knows how long ago.  I picked them up and set them up on a tree stump because they were heavy enough that you could shoot them multiple times before they'd fall.  Perfect targets.  Well, I was repositioning the pumpkin pie when it slipped off the stump and I went to catch it and I grabbed it where bullets had exited the can and the shrapnel shredded through my fingers.  There was a lot of blood.  My first instinct was to grab a handful of dirty snow.  My second instinct was to wrap them up in the napkins we had used in the movie theater.  The salt and butter residue proved to be a horrible, horrible idea.  I've already gone through half a box of bandaids because they keep falling off.  Probably should have gone to the hospital for a tetanus shot.  Didn't.  But the lock jaw hasn't made an appearance yet and I think I might be in the clear.

-I also had the mother of all zits on my cheek yesterday.  Luckily, there is a God and he created Nuetrogena's On the Spot treatment and it's all but gone now.  I'm on like, my third bottle of this stuff.  Serious miracle worker if any of you were looking for one. (SPONSOR ME NUETROGENA.)

-Easter candy has made it's way to the shelves, only one problem.  Heber has yet to see the Hershey's candy eggs.  The ones that lost terribly in a battle against the Cadbury Eggs last year. But I ended up liking them a lot more than I expected.  And now I can't find them.  MY LIFE IS SO HARD.

-I have MSHA training tomorrow.  Can't say that I'm excited to wake up far earlier than I'm used to (which sucks because I'm used to waking up at 5 am) to drive down to Salt Lake and listen to the Safety people talk for ten hours.  But, it's one of the few days a year I get to wear normal clothes and make up to work.  That's a bigger deal to me than it should be. Maybe I'll explain why tomorrow.

-It's RIDICULOUSLY warm here for February.  The next few days have a high of 57 and I'm just not ready to commit to this kind of weather this early.  I'm not done hibernating. Or snowboarding.  It's time to make a blood sacrifice to the snow God.

8 comments:

  1. I've missed you friend! It was so warm last weekend here too, like upper 60's all of a sudden. I'm sure it'll get real cold again before old man winter is done with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE BACHELOR? I was Team Renee from the beginning and now I am SO DEPRESSED. I don't even want to watch anymore. And it looks like my second fave, Andi, has some MAJOR drama going down in the next episode. If it ends up as Nikki and Clare, I think I will quit watching. They are both insufferable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I TOLD YOU, I BOUGHT ALL THE HERSHEY EGGS. No, really, you said that you weren't going to like them, and the Easter candy Gods heard you, and now they aren't selling them to you. BUT HAVE NO FEAR - I'll buy a bag and mail it to you, okay? Okay.

    I'll mail myself too, while I'm at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. brad straight up said 'i don't want to live in a world where clare is chosen over renee.' needless to say the bachelor did not go over well in our house last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey now, you're joining us for the whole30 starting Saturday right?? Eat up those easter candies now! :) Also - seriously, what's JP thinking? I can't wait to see the extra episode tonight. And then I ponder, why do I really care?! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a cheek zit not that long ago too. They are seriously the worst. Also, I have been doing my darndest to avoid all he Easter candy this year, because once I start, I don't stop. It's a huge problem.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget