I Wish Everyday Was Valentines Day!

You know- I realize that there is a love/hate relationship between mankind and Valentine's Day.  Some love it, other's hate it because they're single and some say, "I don't need a day to remind me to love my wife!"  But whatever.  I had a beyond delightful Valentines.  And I ate like a queen.  Friday night I made Landon and me lobster, artichoke, extra buttery mashed potatoes, a caesar salad and a big ol' key lime pie for desert. And he surprised me while a stunning bouquet of red roses.

Honestly, I was really proud of myself.  I was nervous to cook lobster.  But it ended up being super easy, and it was probably some of the best lobster I've ever had.  We had some leftovers and reheating it ended up being more difficult that cooking it in the first place. Regardless- it all warranted a proud Grace Face...


We ate so much food we could barely move, so we rolled ourselves downstairs next to the wood burning stove and fell asleep in the love sac to Captain Phillips.  I'm actually bummed I didn't finish it.  It was good movie.

Saturday, after we slept off the food coma, we went and got more food at a yummy little joint on main street. Again, we ate til we couldn't eat anymore and Landon still took home an entire scone untouched.  On our way back, we stopped at this model home to look around and you guessed it, I fell in love with it.  And now I want to build my own house.  We stopped at another house made by the company of the model house and Landon had to drag me out.  I was ready to move in yesterday.

But we couldn't move in because we had plans.  I found a deal for a night at the Historic Ben Lomond hotel in Ogden. (for my NY peeps, Ogden is Utah's Troy.)  But the Ben Lomond hotel is a gorgeous and very old building.  And also totally haunted.  I'm not going to lie, I was really freaked out staying there.  We heard crazy noises at night that woke us up from a dead sleep.  The elevator supposedly has a mind of it's own and will go up and down and stay open for a long time even if there aren't people in it.  And when we checked in, the elevator doors stayed open the whole time and when we got in it, even after I hit our floor and pushed the "close door" button repeatedly, the door still wouldn't close.  It was pretty creepy.
Along with the stay at the hotel, we got a gift card to one of my favorite restaurants- The Prairie Schooner.  The one where you sit in covered wagons and the middle of the restaurant is a bunch of wolves, and bears and cougars. It. Was. Delicious.  Best steak of all time.  But of course there was too much to eat and we had to take home half of the dinner.
So after our stay at the haunted hotel yesterday, we got home to an empty house where we watched hours of Downton Abby and ate our leftover steak and lobster.  I probably gained 50 pounds this weekend.  But it was so much fun and I had to best Valentine to spend it with.

What's to hate about that?  Nothing.  

4 comments:

  1. "Ogden is Utah's Troy." lolz. I'm dying! But a haunted hotel is such a cool thing - I'm jealous. Although I would've been scared out of my mind.

    Y'all are too cute. I CAN'T HANDLE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty fabulous weekend (especially the Downton Abbey part - I'm totally obsessed with that show)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fantastic weekend! And that restaurant looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please cook for me.

    BRB, booking a flight to Utah just so I can eat in a covered wagon.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget