Called to Serve

So, my little sister got her mission call last night.  It was a range of emotions as I listened to her shaky voice read to us that she is called to serve for 18 months in the Paraguay, Asuncion mission.  And that instead of the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo, Utah, she is going to report to the one in Argentina on June 19th.

I'm dying.

I didn't go on a mission because I got married before I was old enough to go on one, but last year they changed the age for girls to 19.  I'm going to miss her so much, but she is a shining spirit who will bring joy to the people of Paraguay.  And I can't say that I'm not proud of her for that.


6 comments:

  1. You two are adorable!!!! Congrats & good luck to your sister- that's amazing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww how exciting! I'm sure you will miss her like crazy but what a cool experience for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I teared up watching that video last night - I have no problem admitting that!

    Good luck, Mariah!! :) I'll make sure to keep Whitney in good spirits while you're away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man! good luck to your little sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats and good luck to your little seester!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really exciting opportunity for your sister!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget