I Kind of Get it Now...

So along with my attempt at 30 of eating clean, I have also been trying to get 30 minutes of exercise in a day.  Even if it means just taking Shadow on a walk down to the park and back.  Well, last night Landon and I went to his company's cross fit gym with his buddy to do some good ol' fashion cross fit. Now we all know the people who post on every form of social media after/while they're doing their cross fit work out.  And how annoyed we all get because WHO CARES.

But after my workout last night that lasted eighteen minutes and two seconds, I felt like I had just fought off the entire world.  Like, my legs? I don't actually know how I'm walking right now.  It was THE HARDEST workout I've ever done.  And I know I don't look any different.  But I felt like people should understand why I waddled out of the parking lot and almost collapsed when I had to take a step down from the curb.  That was a freaking accomplishment.

And I'm not going to be the next person to blast your newsfeed with my workouts or my green smoothie recipes, but I get why they do.  I think it's ok to feel a little proud of myself that I was able to get through the whole workout and still want to come back for more.

I say that now...We're going back on tomorrow and that may be the end of me.

7 comments:

  1. woohoo! i think workouts are something should brad about. like you said it's an accomplishment that people should be proud of and it is a lot healthier than other things people brag about that people don't seem to mind hearing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely something you should feel proud of! I've been trying to get my health on track the last few months by trying to eat clean and joining a kickboxing class. Cross fit terrifies me! Lol It's encouraging to hear about other people who are working on fitness goals too so keep it up and fight the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guilty of sharing post workout pics and summaries on instagram because dangit! I HATE running. So obviously the world needs to know when I survive 4 or 6 miles of that crap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know of any CrossFit places around here. I'm sure there are some, but I'm scared of them. Good for you for going! Mills signed up for a boot camp, and I think I'm going to try that with her. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough for CrossFit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is something to be proud of! I want to shout it to the world when I run one mile. I am so not athletic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word. Who are you, and what have you done with Whitney??? I mean, between Whole 30 and Crossfit...

    So proud of how hard you have been working, and all of these new things you are trying. Get it!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget