Never Taking Another Bubble Bath Again.

I was whining at work yesterday about how sore I am from a killer leg workout we did a few days ago.  And I know that I could take an ice bath to help with the ache, but I don't hate myself so I don't want to do that.  Then my new co-worker suggested Epsom salts.  He said his mom says it helps with sore muscles.  I was intrigued.  So when I got home, I did a little more research on Epsom salts.  Turns out there is TONS of benefits to soaking in a bath with that wonderful stuff.  I got one that was the salts PLUS lavender.  I LOVE lavender.  I filled the tub up with warm water, had the salts dissolve and I turned out the jets only to be transported to the most heavenly state of mind I've been in for who knows how long.

I got out, and I was soooo soothed and relaxed.  And while it didn't make me feel like I hadn't done the butt-buster from HELL two days prior, the soreness was noticeably less.

And I was reading that regular Epsom salt baths can do all kinds of things for your body.  I swear, I'm not being sponsored to say this, but look at what it can do:


  • -Improved heart and circulatory health, reducing irregular heartbeats, preventing hardening of the arteries, reducing blood clots and lowering blood pressure.
  • -Improved ability for the body to use insulin, reducing the incidence or severity of diabetes.
  • -Flushed toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances.
  • -Improved nerve function by electrolyte regulation. Also, calcium is the main conductor for electrical current in the body, and magnesium is necessary to maintain proper calcium levels in the blood.
  • -Relieved stress. Excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well being and relaxation.
  • -Reduced inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps.
  • -Improved oxygen use.
  • -Improved absorption of nutrients.
  • -Improved formation of joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins.
  • -Prevention or easing of migraine headaches.
via

I know that I've only had one bath so far, but I'm excited to be able to do this more after working out and have it help with the soreness.  I'll keep you posted on how I'm feeling.  But in the mean time, if you guys want to try it out, I just bought a bag at Wal Mart for five bucks.  I'm sure there is nicer stuff out there, I'll have to do some research, but that worked for me. And I smell like lavender still. bonus.

6 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm TOTALLY going to have to look into this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man! i need to get on this. because last night i took a bubble bath (sans jets because i can't have nice things) and i am still sore today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to do it on our horses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those kind of baths are my favorite thing!! Just wish I had a fancy jetted tub. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. when was the last time i actually took a bath? i can't remember but hey epsom salts and lavender essential oils, sounds like i need to take a bath this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear by Epsom salt baths. And if you add a cup of baking soda, you get even more benefits, and your skin is sooooooo soft afterwards. You must try this.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget