You Got Dreams? Here's How to Make Them a Reality.

So just over a month ago my dad gave a talk at a TEDx event at Weber State University where he is a professor.  I wanted to go watch him so bad, but there was limited seating so I wasn't able to attend.  So since February 20th, I've been checking and checking to see if the video of him was posted.  I finally was able to watch it yesterday.  I loved it.  I've heard my dad speak countless times, but I still seem to grasp something new whenever I listen to him.  And this talk particularly appealed to my whole new life style change I'm going through right now.  I've got a vision of where I want to be health and fitness wise here in the next few months as well as the rest of my life.  But sometimes it's hard, you know?  Getting off work and I'm just tired.  It's hard to walk past your comfy bed to change into work out clothes and go sweat a gallon instead of wrapping yourself up in a blanket burrito to watch youtube for hours.

My dad gives the audience a challenge. He says that if you write down at least one thing a day you did that is worthy your dream, you are basically guaranteed to achieve it and quicker too.  I've been keeping track of my eating and exercise on an app on my phone, but I think I need to be writing down how it is making me feel, and my thoughts on my progress as well.  And not just with working out, but with my life all together.

I told you all when the video was up, I would post it on my blog.  So here it is.  I truly urge you to watch it.  He shares a great message that makes you want to chase your dreams and have an attitude that makes it possible to achieve them.  Plus, he's funny and he does magic. :)

5 comments:

  1. OMG. YES. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS. I can't wait to watch this on my lunch today! WOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHH, LOOK AT YOUR DAD! I LOVE IT. I will also be watching this on my lunch break - can't wait to hear what he has to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes! I love this. and I love what you had to say about writing about how your actions, what you did made you feel, as opposed to only focusing on what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely going to start to do this! What a great idea, and one I've never really thought of before. Also, your dad seems awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dad is the coolest. This should seriously be a blogger challenge... can you imagine?

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget