This Quickly Turned into a Summer Rewind.

I'm sure you all remember back in March (when I used to blog regularly) when I wrote the persuasive post about why you should come visit me. You don't?  Well, here it is. I listed off all the fun things we could do and all the good food we would eat.  Well, upon reviewing it, I have decided that even though I didn't totally complete the list myself this summer, I feel good about what I did accomplish.  Because yes, ultimately it was a post to get you people to want to come visit me, but also it was an unofficial bucket list for the summer.  So let's go down the list and check off what I did.

Antelope Island?  No.  I didn't go there.  But I had a few opportunities to.  I've been there so many times in my life that I don't really feel the need to put that as a MUST DO for myself.  Landon hasn't ever been there though, so I really should make it more of a priority.

Boating? Check.  Quite a bit more this summer than I have done in the last few years, actually.  We even got a weekend trip to Lake Powell in there.  I haven't been there since 2009.  And you guys, it's truly one of THEE greatest places in Utah.  The red cliffs there are absolutely breathtaking and the water is so delightfully warm.

In-n-Out?  Actually, no.  That one didn't happen either.  Remember that diet that started back in March?  It didn't really permit food in that genre (aka happiness.)  But then again, In-n-Out is more of a novelty in my opinion, I would way rather have Five Guys or Smash Burger.

The Alpine Slide?  Check.  Landon and I went with my mom and my brother (from another mother).  It was a beautiful afternoon and we followed it with riding the Trolley up and down Old Main in Park City and eating cheap Chinese food.


Cafe Rio? HORRIBLE QUESTION. But the answer is, unfortunately, yes.  I had some right before Mariah left, and I KID YOU NOT, I got Salmonella from it.  The chicken was not cooked, but I thought it was so pink from all the pico de gallo.  I was horizontal for four days.  Never again. #survivor

Spending days laying out by the pool?  Check, check and check.  Basically all July.  Sadly, we winterized the pool Monday night and that tan is already on it's way out. Bring on all the sweaters and leggings.

Flying with Brenden in his helicopter?  No.  WHAT THE HELL BRENDEN?  Still waiting on that invite.

Slack lining? Yes.  With Riah before she left.  We were going to bust it out again this weekend, but we got super busy.

Comedy Sportz?  Not lately.  My favorite actor moved to Washington and I'm still mourning.

And last but not least, the canopy zipline down Provo Canyon? CHECK.  Last night.  And it was soooo gorgeous.  Last time we went it was miserably hot.  We had an awesome time, but last night was the perfect temperature and the fall colors were to die for.  I want to go do it again today.  SOMEONE LEND ME SOME MONEY.

And hey, let's hear it for the girl who didn't drop her camera while flying down a mountain side at 50 mph.  That alone should be an Olympic sport.  

And with all that accomplished, I feel good about shutting this summer down and bringing in 60 degree weather.  And hopefully an insane amount of snow this winter, so I can be a part-time lab technician and full-time SHREDDER.

Don't you wish you had come to visit me? *smug smile emoji*

6 comments:

  1. Your zip lining pictures ARE MY FAVORITE. I was *this close* to zip lining in North Carolina, and then it got shut down because of a thunderstorm. NEVER OVER IT.

    I am still scared to death of Alpine slides.

    AND I STILL NEED TO VISIT. Maybe you can teach me how to snowboard? LOLz, I'd die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ziplining pictures are KILLING ME!!! You always do the most fun things! I NEED TO VISIT. You can teach Alissa to snowboard, or I can teach her to ski. THAT WOULD BE A TREAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be in the lodge, mackin' on mad dudes.

      Delete
  3. ok it's official i want to come to utah...those pictures may even get me to try the zip line even though it scares the poop out of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be out that way next summer! I'll have to visit ;)

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget