Hiking

So over the past year with my journey to become healthier and happier I have found that I don't detest hiking like I once did.  And when I say that, I mean I hated hiking with a burning passion of a thousand white-hot suns.  So to say that I enjoy it now almost seems like blasphemy.  Not because it's a bad thing, but I've just totally abandoned who I used to be and everything is so different.

On Saturday, my beautiful friend (and hiking buddy) Jenessa and I decided we were going to hike Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon.  We hiked Angel's Landing back in January, if you follow me on insta your feed probably got blown up with photos from that little jaunt.  I've been meaning to make that a post of it's own so I can convince you all to come see me and do that hike with me.  Anyway, you can see Bridal Veil Falls from the highway and people are always up there, but in all my six years of living in Utah/Wasatch County I've never hiked it.  So I decided that was one I needed to check off the list.

We brought Landon with us because he needs some sunshine every now and then.  And also because he knew how to get there and I didn't feel like googling it.  And because you know, we like him.  And maaaayyyybe because we needed someone to be there to take our Pride Rock photos...
                             

So we get to the trail head and I knew it was a shorter and easier hike, but I didn't realize we'd be at the falls in about 15 minutes.  I'd call it more of a nature walk than a hike.  But- it was a good time.  And the falls are gorgeous.  And now that I've checked that one off my list I can start working on other hikes that are a little more strenuous.  (i.e. Mt. Timpanogous- a hike I swore on the souls of my ancestors I would never do.)  Summer 2015 has a lot to live up to; got a lot of things I gotta do. And y'all are totally invited.

                  

3 comments:

  1. "And also because he knew how to get there and I didn't feel like googling it." THAT IS LOVE.

    But really, I'm thinking about framing that Pride Rock photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey and I also set out to go for a hike last summer, and ended up taking more of a nature walk. Then she accidentally launched her phone into a creek and I haven't been the same since.

    I love your mountains, and you know I mean your mountain-mountains, and not something sexual :)

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget