I've Made a Huge Mistake

So I've got a big run on the schedule this afternoon. Ten freaking miles, y'all. I've only ran that much once before. That was right before thanksgiving last year and I needed a couple weeks to recover from it.  So as you can imagine, I'm petty pumped about it.  Oh, and to make matters worse I didn't run last night because it was a rest day on my training schedule so I decided to try a new circuit work out I found on Pinterst and I woke up this morning feeling like I did the first night after I tried cross fit for the first time.  My legs and my butt are SO SORE. What were you THINKING Past Whitney? Ugh I hate her sometimes...

Though, I'm going to have to remember that work out for times when I don't have 3/4 of a half marathon the next morning.  It only lasted about 25 minutes and it kicked my butt.  I did it out on my back patio because it was so nice outside yesterday. My next door neighbor was also outside on her patio doing some spring cleaning.  Then she realized our fence was leaning a little bit, so she stood on a chair trying to fix it and talked to me over it the whole time.  Asking me about Vail and snowboarding and training for a half all the while I'm doing squats and lunges and jumping with and imaginary jump rope.  I wonder if holding a full conversation through and entire work out burns extra calories...

Then I trucked myself all the way up to Layton to have dinner with my dad and brother to celebrate him getting his fixed wing certification.  I don't know all the ins and outs of what that means exactly except that he is now a licensed airplane AND helicopter pilot.  So I am very proud of him.

I had to drop off an ice maker my mom gave me for my birthday at her house after dinner because it stopped working and I want her to take it back to see if they will give me one that works.  I beat Brenden home and took my ice maker inside where I left a note on it because no one else was home- or so I thought. I walked back to the garage door and coming up the stairs very stealthily with a gun in hand was Johnny.  He scared the living day lights out of me and I think I did the same to him when I screamed bloody murder.  This is the SECOND time he has greeted me in that house with that gun at the ready.  The first time it wasn't loaded, but last night it was.  So if you guys hear about a gun shot victim in Layton, Utah.  It's probably me and it's probably because Johnny thought I was a burglar.  I should probably just start making myself known when I walk in.  Eliminate the element of surprise for all parties involved.  I just didn't think anyone was home.

Aside from almost getting shot, I got to see the chickens my mom and Johnny got a couple weeks ago.  They are building a chicken coop for the back yard and I am all sorts of jealous because it is going to be so freaking cute.  They're so inspiring with all their DIYs.  Makes me excited for all the stuff I've got planned for my patio, though it does not include a chicken coop.
                                  
Have a good weekend you guys!! Enjoy this spring weather and try not to get shot by your brothers when you go home, okay? I will be doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget