And Then There Were Two Weeks Left

So do you want to hear something that will blow your minds?  My little sister, Mariah, is going to be home in two weeks from today. TWO WEEKS, PEOPLE.  And don't even start to tell me how fast the last 18 months have gone by and that it feels like she just left.  Because they didn't. And it doesn't.  Not to me, anyway.

what it feels like is:

-5,707 miles
-532 days
-509 emails
-a handful of letters
-2 skype calls

Trust me, I am so beyond proud of her and her service.  My Mondays revolve around her emails and she is constantly on my mind throughout the week.  I think she has done incredible things and I'm happy for the change she is making in the world, but I CANNOT wait to get that little meep back home.  I just can't.  I'm going to melt into a puddle of emotion at the airport, and assuming I can mold myself back into a human I may never let her out of my arms.

Now, someone distract me for the next two weeks so it will fly by.

2 comments:

  1. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU. And so proud of her!!

    But didn't it feel like time just flew by?

    KIDDING. DON'T HURT ME :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so wonderful that she will be home by Christmas! And that she has changed people's lives, and all of that other good stuff. I just wish you could sleep your way through the next 2 weeks, and wake up to go get her from the airport. That would be the best thing possible.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget