Tuesday Transformations

I don't know when it happened, how it happened, why it happened, but-

I've changed.

There was a period in my life where after work I would come home, change into my sweats, turn on the TV, go elbow deep in a bag of Cheetos Puffs and just unwind for the rest of the evening.  I thought about that as I was sitting in my truck, staring at my front door yesterday after I got home.  I then thought about the things I was about to do when I walked inside.  I need to walk the dog, work out, do the dishes piling up in the sink, add to my list of reasons why I should get my Christmas decorations out, clean out my closet, vacuum every room in the house.  Going to the hot tub also sounds pretty great.  And as I sat there for close to ten minutes before I got the will to open my truck door and walk towards my to-do list, I sat there and had a moment of silence for the Cheetos Puffs.

I had it all planned out.  If I completed at least a few of those tasks I would reward myself with the other half of my salad I had for lunch.  [My salad.]  Not a bag of Cheetos Puffs.  Not six hours of YouTube.  I would get my salad and a soak in the hot tub.  And I was excited about it.  Enough to the point that I walked the dog.  I did a leg-numbing work out.  I washed the weekend's worth of dishes I've been avoiding eye contact with.  I looked at the door to the attic and added more reasons why it's time to put up Christmas decorations.  But after my leg work out, climbing a ladder was out of the question.  So I pounded a protein shake, which in my opinion is the worst part of exercise, put on my swim suit, and trudged through the sprinkling rain and melting snow to the clubhouse hot tub for a twenty minute soak.  And once I got feeling back in my jello legs, I went home and immensely enjoyed the other half of my Greek salad.

That sounds like a responsible adult.

If you told 2009 Whitney about me she'd laugh and be like, "No way, dudette."  Because I used the word "dudette" probably a lot more than I should have.  Actually, I still do....

Maybe I haven't changed as much as I thought.

3 comments:

  1. You have changed-- for the better!!! Good for you!! But as long as you still keep rocking that prized giraffe onesie in your spare time- you're still the same old Whitney to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still in awe that 2012 Whitney and you are the same people. But I'm so proud of you! You have come so far, and are doing such incredible things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed. Seriously. You motivate me. Current Whitney is College Michelle. Past Whitney is Current Michelle, and I haaaaaaate it right now. Trying so hard to get back to my old habits.

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget