John Wayne Schulz

I have to put this in a post for you guys. This is the clip of my adopted brother, John Wayne Schulz. I have talked about him a lot on this blog, but I don't think I've ever explained how this cowboy, U.S. Marine and spectacular human became such an important part of our family.
Back in 2007, my brother Brenden left on his LDS mission to Omaha, NE.  His first day in the MTC (Missionary Training Center) he met John Wayne and when they were all getting to know each other Brenden found out that he was also a team roper, they were best friends from that moment on.  They served in the same mission for the next two years and stayed in contact for years after.  John would fly to Utah to visit and Brenden would go to Texas time to time.  Fast forward to August 2014 when John made to move to my mom's house to go to flight school here in Utah.  Having him live in our home has been amazing.  He has done so much for our family and for our hearts.  He has an incredible spirit and his love for his family, God and his country is so contagious.
He's was on American Idol on season 10, but it came down to him and Scotty McCreery.  Scotty was kept on the show and ended up winning that season.  John was able to see that as a blessing because his sweet mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and only lived a few months longer after he came home.  He decided to try out one more time for the final season of American Idol and this is his audition (grab some tissues):


I am so unbelievably proud of this cowboy brother of mine.  He seriously is one of the best people you will ever meet.  He is kind, hilarious, genuine and so so talented.  Having him live with my family for the last year and a half has been the absolute best.  He brings a light into our home that warms you to your core.  There is never a dull moment with him around.  Or a quiet one for that matter. This guy is destined for amazing things and I'm so happy that he has been able to share his gift with the world. I know his incredible mama is smiling so big and is so proud of the amazing man he is today.  

There ain't a person who's met him who doesn't love John Wayne Schulz.

16 comments:

  1. I watched this when I saw your FB post-- tears. SO many of them. This is amazing!! I'm rooting for your big bro!! What a stud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom was as amazing lady. The little red barn. ..lol. the warmth beams from John Wayne. And a Marine! Yes. Karnes City is very blessed to have this fine soul. Congratulates...we love u JWS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO COOL. I didn't realize he was the 2nd runner up before! I remember watching some of that season, so I'm sure I saw him. I feel like since you know him, I know him. And I'm going to turn my apple tv on and watch last night's episode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mother must have been such an amazing mother to raise a wonderful and talented son like you. Good luck on the final season, you have my vote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mother must have been such an amazing mother to raise a wonderful and talented son like you. Good luck on the final season, you have my vote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have known John and his family since he and his sisters were institute students of mine. I have watched him over the years and he is, if anything, the kind of person whom every young man can emulate; a great example of what a priesthood holder should be. I'm grateful to know him well. I hope he succeeds this season simply because the world needs such a person as a true American Idol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I now have my potential winner spotted. I was so disappointed when John Wayne was eliminated in Season 10. I hope he's not too nice for the music business because this world needs men like JW. He will need a stronger presentation to make it through Hollywood week. Country and Christian music appear to be a possible pathway..
    The only other singer I've followed from audition to this date is Adam Lambert. I know that sounds crazy because they're so different but JW strikes me as an entertainer who will be loved by many for his gentle spirit and if he has the musical chops to back it up, he will succeed. If he works as hard as Adam that will also decide his fate. He's got my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome story! And what a great singer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an awesome story, funny thing is that when I saw the audition video before I really knew anything about him and something told me he was a member of the church. .. nice to know that he is one of the good guys and also member of the church

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an awesome story, funny thing is that when I saw the audition video before I really knew anything about him and something told me he was a member of the church. .. nice to know that he is one of the good guys and also member of the church

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just stumbled across this when searching for more of his music. My mom is also battling cancer and his story is very touching. Seeing the clip of him and his mom reminded me so much of my mom and I. I'll be rooting for him this season. You're lucky to have him in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We will be watching and rooting for you! Sorry for your loss Make your Momma proud! Oorah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We will be watching and rooting for you! Sorry for your loss Make your Momma proud! Oorah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the most handsome man I have ever laid eyes on! I want him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the most handsome man I have ever laid eyes on! I want him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do really hope I can know more about John. Thanks a lot. Wish he could win in season 15!!!!

    ReplyDelete

No need to stalk in silence, leave a comment.
do it.

There was an error in this gadget